Eric Lichaj

Rob182

I'd stick with Hutton over Cuellar, Hutton is defensively suspect but can get forward, Cuellar defensively slighly less suspect but offers absolutely nothing, zero, zilch going forward.

I don't rate Lichaj at all, I don't rate Warnock at all. Warnock deserves dropping, so fair enough, bring Lichaj in. But it's swapping like for like.

Hutton goes forward and never comes back. Plus Hutton is terrible going forward anyway. His crossing is god awful. Probably will get 1 decent cross in 10. Hutton also **** Albrighton over because where is Albrighton supposed to go when the RB is trying to play his spot? That makes albrighton push even wider or deeper. Hutton just hurts the team everytime he plays.

Cuellar isn't the fastest, but I don't worry when he is at RB. I'd prefer seeing Clark at LB, Lichaj at RB, and Cuellar at CB.

How can you not rate Lichaj? He is young, had a phenomenal game against Tottenham and a few other good ones. He had one bad game against Man City on 2 days rest and he wasn't nearly as bad as Hutton or Warnock have been a few times and yet Lichaj was immediately dropped. He deserves a real shot at RB or LB.

I'd stick with Hutton over Cuellar, Hutton is defensively suspect but can get forward, Cuellar defensively slighly less suspect but offers absolutely nothing, zero, zilch going forward.

I don't rate Lichaj at all, I don't rate Warnock at all. Warnock deserves dropping, so fair enough, bring Lichaj in. But it's swapping like for like.

Did you not see Cuellar take on the whole right side of Chelsea during that game recently :lol: ?

Hutton is more than defensively suspect, he is a ticking time bomb, who looks set to explode and cost us a match most time he plays. He could have 4 red cards in his brief spell, lucky he's only had 1.

Lichaj last season, kept Gareth Bale as quiet as a mouse. Bale ripped Hutton a new asshole this season. Lichaj scored in his last game as a Villa player before injury. Better defensively than Hutton, and decent enough going forward, got a shot on him and is not totally inept at crossing. The lads only played 5 times in the Prem, I'd give him a go in the team. Playing regularly for his national team and had a good spell at Leeds 2nd half of last season.

But yeah, Warnock definatley needs dropping at lb. Stevens or Clark to replace him I say.

Agree with all that and he also has a really long throw in, nearly on a par with Delap, which if we were a lit more organised in the opponents box would be very useful.

Did you not see Cuellar take on the whole right side of Chelsea during that game recently?

I only saw the goals at Chelsea. I saw Cuellar get done a Swansea though, but it's his is inability to get beyond halfway that is his big achelles heel at RB

Hutton, I done rate him, is suspect at defending but he gets forward, so I would stick with him.

Lichaj is championship quality.

Hope Lee High gets back in the team asap. Quality RB in the making.

Not sure at LB - don't know how good Edna is, and wouldn't want to waste the talent that is Clark there.

Another shite player given an extended contract at our club.

Going to be no better than Championship standard at best and we'll have to put up with it for another three years unless some idiot manager decides to offer £500,000 for him.

Going to be no better than Championship standard at best and we'll have to put up with it for another three years unless some idiot manager decides to offer £500,000 for him.

Troll or just incredibly daft.

Neither.

Are you trying to tell me on his performances that he is going to be a good Premiership player and that based on those performances he is worthy of a three year contract? :?

Neither.

Are you trying to tell me on his performances that he is going to be a good Premiership player and that based on those performances he is worthy of a three year contract? :?

Here is my reasoning why Lichaj has some potential to be quality. As we all remember, Lichaj had a brilliant game against Spurs where he shut down Bale all game until Redknapp realized Lichaj was too much for Bale, so Redknapp put Bale on the right and not much later, Bale created a goal from the right side causing us to lose. Lichaj was MOTM easily. 2-3 games before the Tottenham match, Lichaj was doing well at RB and was earning some praise. He was covering for Luke Young very well when he was out injured. Lichaj had one bad game which was against City and on two days rest. Lichaj didn't even do that poorly, but one of the goals was caused by his error. Although I have seen worse errors this season from Warnock and Hutton but they retain their spot.

When Lichaj was at Leeds, he was doing outstanding. He got moved to LB because Grayson thought he was good enough to handle himself in a new position and Leeds needed someone to cover for their injuries. Lichaj did well at LB and earned a lot of praise from Grayson. Leeds wanted to make the deal permanent and Grayson even said he'd drive up to VP and pick up Lichaj himself. Now that is a lot of praise for just another average Championship player.

Lichaj also played LB for USA quite well and was looking to be USA's solution to their LB problem.

I think it's too soon to say whether or not he is good enough. Lichaj is 23 (just turned 2 days ago) and has proven that he can handle himself in the top flight. I say give him a real chance before you judge.

Did you not see Cuellar take on the whole right side of Chelsea during that game recently?

I only saw the goals at Chelsea. I saw Cuellar get done a Swansea though, but it's his is inability to get beyond halfway that is his big achelles heel at RB

He gets past the halfway line enough Cuellar when he plays. Sure he's not Kyle Walker, but he is probably the most solid option we have.

He got done against Swansea because Guzan stuffed his goal kick up, instantly putting Carlos in the proverbial shit. After this Cuellar injured himself trying to recover. Went off right after the goal because of the injury if memory serves me well.

Neither.

Here is my reasoning why Lichaj has some potential to be quality. As we all remember, Lichaj had a brilliant game against Spurs where he shut down Bale all game until Redknapp realized Lichaj was too much for Bale, so Redknapp put Bale on the right and not much later, Bale created a goal from the right side causing us to lose. Lichaj was MOTM easily. 2-3 games before the Tottenham match, Lichaj was doing well at RB and was earning some praise. He was covering for Luke Young very well when he was out injured. Lichaj had one bad game which was against City and on two days rest. Lichaj didn't even do that poorly, but one of the goals was caused by his error. Although I have seen worse errors this season from Warnock and Hutton but they retain their spot.

When Lichaj was at Leeds, he was doing outstanding. He got moved to LB because Grayson thought he was good enough to handle himself in a new position and Leeds needed someone to cover for their injuries. Lichaj did well at LB and earned a lot of praise from Grayson. Leeds wanted to make the deal permanent and Grayson even said he'd drive up to VP and pick up Lichaj himself. Now that is a lot of praise for just another average Championship player.

Lichaj also played LB for USA quite well and was looking to be USA's solution to their LB problem.

I think it's too soon to say whether or not he is good enough. Lichaj is 23 (just turned 2 days ago) and has proven that he can handle himself in the top flight. I say give him a real chance before you judge.

Lichaj hasn't proved himself in the Premiership. With the exception of one game he has been pretty dire and if he is so good why is he still not getting games for us now in a back four which is probably one of the worst defensive units ever to wear a Villa shirt?

Secondly Leeds are in the Championship yes. Proves my point perfectly.

Thats why he is playing in our team at the moment. :shock:

What with all those chances he's had to break into the side since returning from a long-term injury a full two weeks ago. How could he not be in the side already? :?

Neither.

Lichaj hasn't proved himself in the Premiership. With the exception of one game he has been pretty dire and if he is so good why is he still not getting games for us now in a back four which is probably one of the worst defensive units ever to wear a Villa shirt?

Secondly Leeds are in the Championship yes. Proves my point perfectly.

Lichaj has been injured since like August. DO you even follow this team?! Also by your logic, Kyle Walker is also a championship level RB because much like Lichaj, Walker also got praise in the championship. Better tell Spurs their starting RB should be playing in the championship.

So basically no matter how well you do in the championship, you will never be good enough for the premier league by your logic.

Yep been following the team way before the European Cup win.

We're not talking about Walker, we're talking about Lichaj who based on past performances is obviously some way short of Walker's ability. Not really heard of any other Premiership team being interested in Lichaj other than one Championship team and again that backs my opinion to date that no one else in the Premiership views Lichaj as Premiership quality.

I'll certainly be very interested to see if he gets back into the team again ahead of our present FBs if they are fit but then again, thats not going to be a great judge of quality either. :lol:

Yep been following the team way before the European Cup win.

We're not talking about Walker, we're talking about Lichaj who based on past performances is obviously some way short of Walker's ability. Not really heard of any other Premiership team being interested in Lichaj other than one Championship team and again that backs my opinion to date that no one else in the Premiership views Lichaj as Premiership quality.

I'll certainly be very interested to see if he gets back into the team again ahead of our present FB?

So basing on past performances what are your views on Dyer and Brittan at Swansea? I don't think too many Premier League clubs were chasing them last season. Or Herd, who was bombed aroung Lincoln etc?

Players just need a chance.

As an aside the majority of the Leeds fans thought Lichaj was excellent last season.

My views are based on Lichaj's PERFORMANCES IN THE PREMIERSHIP, not what other players can or can't do. This has been clearly stated in my previous posts and that based on those performances, he should not have been given a 3 year contract.

Secondly, while on loan at Leeds was Lichaj playing against Championship players, or Premiership quality? Apart from one game in the Premiership, Lichaj's performances have been poor and consequently he has struggled to get into the side even when fit.

Finally, Herd in all probability will find himself in the Championship as well when there is money to spend.

Â