Eric Lichaj

Rob182

well, better get Enda and Alan in then, and we'll be fine - shame for the lad but he'll only have missed a couple of cup matches i expect anyway. But obviously the sooner he's back the better naturally.

So Lichaj is out for 4 months with a hip injury. Our wafer thin squad is getting thinner all the time. With Both Bent and Given both carrying injuries ,i can see us in big trouble as the season goes on and more injuries and suspensions take their toll.We badly need to bring in a few players before the window closes tonight.

• 4 months later...

He played tonight for the reserves after a long term injury.. Would like to see him at LB as during his loan spell at Leeds United he was pretty good (yes I know championship level etc etc) but I'd like to see him play at LB over Warnock as I doubt he is any worse.

He played tonight for the reserves after a long term injury.. Would like to see him at LB as during his loan spell at Leeds United he was pretty good (yes I know championship level etc etc) but I'd like to see him play at LB over Warnock as I doubt he is any worse.

He also played LB for the US over the summer in the Gold Cup, so certainly more than capable, I believe, hopefully gets his chance soon.

Hopefully McLeish will recognize Warnock has been shit and give Lichaj a chance. Cuellar and Lichaj as our fullbacks brings more confidence than Hutton and Warnock.

Agree, the back four definitely needs a shake up, its getting far to complacent and is looking very stale now. Lichaj and Cuellar as full back would suit the bill, or Lichaj right back, Cuellar and Dunne in the middle and Clark on the left.

I'd stick with Hutton over Cuellar, Hutton is defensively suspect but can get forward, Cuellar defensively slighly less suspect but offers absolutely nothing, zero, zilch going forward.

I don't rate Lichaj at all, I don't rate Warnock at all. Warnock deserves dropping, so fair enough, bring Lichaj in. But it's swapping like for like.

I'd stick with Hutton over Cuellar, Hutton is defensively suspect but can get forward, Cuellar defensively slighly less suspect but offers absolutely nothing, zero, zilch going forward.

I don't rate Lichaj at all, I don't rate Warnock at all. Warnock deserves dropping, so fair enough, bring Lichaj in. But it's swapping like for like.

Did you not see Cuellar take on the whole right side of Chelsea during that game recently :lol: ?

Hutton is more than defensively suspect, he is a ticking time bomb, who looks set to explode and cost us a match most time he plays. He could have 4 red cards in his brief spell, lucky he's only had 1.

Lichaj last season, kept Gareth Bale as quiet as a mouse. Bale ripped Hutton a new asshole this season. Lichaj scored in his last game as a Villa player before injury. Better defensively than Hutton, and decent enough going forward, got a shot on him and is not totally inept at crossing. The lads only played 5 times in the Prem, I'd give him a go in the team. Playing regularly for his national team and had a good spell at Leeds 2nd half of last season.

But yeah, Warnock definatley needs dropping at lb. Stevens or Clark to replace him I say.

As noted above, Lichaj played left back for the USA in the Gold Cup. He did pretty well there over all, but in one match (I forget the opponent) he got caught out too wide a couple times leaving a runner in the gap between himself and the fullback. (Of course Tim Chandler who has played there since has done the same thing too many times... and come to think of it, so has Warnock, although not as often.)

Â