Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

No one knows **** all. Not mysteryman, not gaztonvilla, not villa_insider not the thetrees. No body knows anything about anything do to woth the manager, possible players etc. Its just pure guess work. Only people who know who the next manager will be is randy, faulkener or krulak and none of those people are stupid or unproffesional enough to disclose a business' affairs to any tom dick or harry. Drives me mental how people hang on the every word of these so called ITK's when they know no more than me or any other villa fan.

All part of the New Villa, get used to it

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ginger bloke off SSN Pete Colley says Curbishley has been ruled out of the running, if you choose to believe him. Also says we've been impressed with Houllier, due to his work with youth development.

Shouldn't have posted that last bit. All of Randy's critics will start moaning that he has no intention to spend money yardayarda

The ginger bloke off SSN Pete Colley says Curbishley has been ruled out of the running, if you choose to believe him. Also says we've been impressed with Houllier, due to his work with youth development.

They should check out his youth development at Anfield, he bought all the french youth that Wenger didn't want, which considering he was the one with the inside track on French Youth was a bit of a let down and Wenger had been in Japan for a few years

No one knows **** all. Not mysteryman, not gaztonvilla, not villa_insider not the thetrees. No body knows anything about anything do to woth the manager, possible players etc. Its just pure guess work. Only people who know who the next manager will be is randy, faulkener or krulak and none of those people are stupid or unproffesional enough to disclose a business' affairs to any tom dick or harry. Drives me mental how people hang on the every word of these so called ITK's when they know no more than me or any other villa fan.

History proves otherwise especially when it comes to MM

I think he means in relation to the current manager search. MM has already said he is in the dark.

I reckon Christian Gross should be given a chance personally. Also, the Doc didn't get a fair crack now did he? Gross/Venglos super-staff!

I thought Venglos was supposed to be 20 years ahead of his time. He should be the right man for the job right about NOW then, surely? Sign him up!

That was a completely pointless feature from SSN. All he said was exactly what the papers have been saying, just speculating about what could happen, and mentioned the same 4 names, Curbs, Sven, Mac, and Houllier. I feel it's more comlicated than that and there are more people involved than those 4. I guess Sky were expecting an announcement today as Pete Colley was at the ground and nobody else is/was.

The Guardian article talked about one of Houllier's duties being o set up a global scouting network at hte club. Which would certainly help us out (if we're actually going to buy some players ever).

have to agree.

Keep praising us dont give us any difficult questions to answer and we'll throw you the odd crumb like good little boys and girls

Ask us tough questions and just believe everything in the garden is not rosey and we'll take our bat and ball home

The Guardian article talked about one of Houllier's duties being o set up a global scouting network at hte club. Which would certainly help us out (if we're actually going to buy some players ever).

That's fine.

The problems will start happening when Houllier starts to buy players without manager's permission or sells.

The manager needs to be the one who decides who comes in and out, Houllier can recommend players but manager needs to be the one making all the decisions. So the players he has are the players he wants.

Before all this internet malarky the first we heard of a signing or sacking etc was in the stop press of the Mail, on BRMB or Central news....agh the good old days!.

At least we didn`t waste half our life posting on internet sites moaning and groaning about this or that signing, potential signing or unrealistic rumours.... hang on what am I doing here !!!!!!!

I saw that too but did wonder if they were just using GT's comments from yesterday about his recommendation for the same during Gregory's time to make a story out of it.

They should check out his youth development at Anfield, he bought all the french youth that Wenger didn't want, which considering he was the one with the inside track on French Youth was a bit of a let down and Wenger had been in Japan for a few years

Which French youth players did Wenger sign whilst Houllier was in charge?

From memory the French signings he made back then were pretty established players. Henry for £10m signed from Juve, Pires and Wiltord were both mid twenties and big money signings.

The only one I can think of is Anelka? But i'm pretty sure he was brought in before Houllier took over at Liverpool?

That's fine.

The problems will start happening when Houllier starts to buy players without manager's permission or sells.

The manager needs to be the one who decides who comes in and out, Houllier can recommend players but manager needs to be the one making all the decisions. So the players he has are the players he wants.

The scouting network would be a great asset to the club and enable to find gems that we have been calling out for. Mac will need all the help he can get if he is given the role of manager/head coach as being a reserve team manager i'm not sure you have many connections powerful enough and good enough to pull in major transfers and coups for the club. Having Houllier on board alongside him would allow that, which I'm all for.

As long as Mac and Houllier can work in tandem, and they can build a good understanding and working relationship then I have no qualms with a DoF, but when a DoF starts doing more than his job remit, then the troubles begin. If Houllier recommends and Mac has the final say then great, but if Houllier signs players and Mac doesn't want or need them, that's when it all goes pear shaped.