Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

only 104 pages to go until my prediction is up. At this rate the manager needs to be in by early Sunday morning

There's going to be 100 pages in a few hours when it gets confirmed or close it

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only 104 pages to go until my prediction is up. At this rate the manager needs to be in by early Sunday morning

My guess was 455 because I thought something might happen Today... Little did I know that this was becoming a chatroom for insomniacs!

the moment it's confirmed the counting stops.

we need some genuine info soon though whether that be from a car pulling into the ground with a manager in it, club statement, an insider, sky sports spamming the villa press office until someone snaps and just tells them the answer.

something.

Donadoni! Ace :D

Donadoni in for Villa job

"Roberto is a great student of the English game and he is very interested in the job at Aston Villa," Collymore told skysports.com.

"He knows Villa are a top club with an ambitious owner and he feels he could be a success there.

"Roberto has worked at the highest level and he has always dreamed of coaching in England.

"Roberto has the experience and talent to help develop the best young English talent and also the knowledge to help find the best foreign talent available."

:notworthy:

Donadoni makes Phil Brown look good.

Isn't this a complete non-starter though being as the main criteria for our new manager is that they must have Premier League experience?

Unless I'm being thick and have forgotten him having managed someone here already.....

My guess was 455 because I thought something might happen Today... Little did I know that this was becoming a chatroom for insomniacs!

MM has stated that they still don't know who they want, so my guess is 1065 pages if it carries on at this rate!! Well at least we know they're not taking this decision lightly as it's been nearly a month now!!

confirmed Houllier according to my mate

EDIT - I've been wound up by my mate, sorry

Nice quick edit.

All the bloody stoke and everton fans in the office wound me up, sent a fake story round on email but made it look dead official like it'd been copied and pasted from BBC....twunts

I cant believe there isnt a manager at an Italian, Spanish, German club who had been at their club for 2 years who could see Villa in the premier league and thing 'id like a crack at that'.

Every suggestion except Martin Jol is shit.

Even an International manager who would want to do both jobs would be good.

I'm sad :cry:

instead our number one target is a ginger scottish clearing in the woods who's been at his club for 10 years and won fook all and now that he's turned us down we're going for a pensioner with a dodgy ticker. who's french.

Your a nice chap aint ya?

I wonder how you make these managers come if their clubs are not interested and if they are not interested.

What id Hiddink for example doesn't want to come, live in Birmingham and manage Aston Villa?

1)yes I'm very nice chap. very passionate.

B) we are talking about 3rd world country's national teams.... not clubs.

their FA's don't have a pot to piss in. blow them out of the water with some of that milner money old clam fist lerner is creaming the interest off.

5) you make them interested, get the private jet fuelled up bring him to brum take him round the pretentious bars and the leafy bits, in the limo show him a the official history dvd and then the pitch invasion after the blackburn game. whilst he's enjoying a tin of banks's.

then he'll know who he's dealing with.

1)yes I'm very nice chap. very passionate.

B) we are talking about 3rd world country's national teams.... not clubs.

their FA's don't have a pot to piss in. blow them out of the water with some of that milner money old clam fist lerner is creaming the interest off.

5) you make them interested, get the private jet fuelled up bring him to brum take him round the pretentious bars and the leafy bits, in the limo show him a the official history dvd and then the pitch invasion after the blackburn game. whilst he's enjoying a tin of bank's.

then he'll know who he's dealing with.

Still doesn't mean they will come though.

DailyMail are reporting he's got it though

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1308543/Gerard-Houllier-lands-job-Aston-Villa-Ex-Liverpool-boss-set-sensational-return-England.html

Sorry, don't know how to do short links.....apologies if already posted.

That was from this morning.

The sensationalist headline doesn't actually match what the story says.

Stupid daily fail...

DailyMail are reporting he's got it though

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1308543/Gerard-Houllier-lands-job-Aston-Villa-Ex-Liverpool-boss-set-sensational-return-England.html

Sorry, don't know how to do short links.....apologies if already posted.

That was from this morning.

The sensationalist headline doesn't actually match what the story says.

Stupid daily fail...

Yeah it's bollocks basically......thought it worth posting but pretty much bollocks.

Donadoni! Ace :D

Donadoni in for Villa job

"Roberto is a great student of the English game and he is very interested in the job at Aston Villa," Collymore told skysports.com.

"He knows Villa are a top club with an ambitious owner and he feels he could be a success there.

"Roberto has worked at the highest level and he has always dreamed of coaching in England.

"Roberto has the experience and talent to help develop the best young English talent and also the knowledge to help find the best foreign talent available."

:notworthy:

Donadoni makes Phil Brown look good.

Uh no.

Throughout this saga i don't think i've seen Trapattoni's name mentioned, would be a good option so im surprised it hasn't been mentioned. Maybe slightly boring style of football but he is a winner.

Never managed in the Premier League though.

A pre-requisite of becoming our next manager as stated by the club.

All these links with Donadoni etc, why? We already know you have to have managed here before FFS!