Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it might be worth taking this Tor-Kristian Karlsen's words with a big pinch of salt, this isn't the first time he's been mentioned here, the last time he was linking us with Barnetta, back in July.

What he's said is also spectacularly vague.

As I said earlier he's never came across as someone who goes back on their word

I think a lot of people from north of the border questioned his loyalty on his decision to move from being the national manager to the same role at Small Heath for a few dollars more. I think that if we wanted him he would have his bags packed within minutes. He has also said the sort of positive things about our football club that are not often heard from managers employed on that side of the city.

Probably said it on his radio 1 show :)

Ah ha, not reading properly! I'd come back to England just to punch the fat get, have a very irrational hatred of Chris Moyles.

Carry on..

I think it might be worth taking this Tor-Kristian Karlsen's words with a big pinch of salt, this isn't the first time he's been mentioned here, the last time he was linking us with Barnetta, back in July.

What he's said is also spectacularly vague.

He said we made an enquiry, I have followed him for ages now. As someone else has mentioned he doesn't spout crap for attention. When he does say something it is usually very reliable and not someone who says a lot of things in the hope something comes true. This isn't the average in the know, the guy is very well connected to various people in the game.

Moyes is now 9/4 on Paddy Powers

Would you honestly give over? Every hour you are back reminding us of his odds.

This whole board is mostly about opinion and an opinion is like an arse hole everyone has one.

The fact that the odds on Moyes have shorted today is because the opinion today has shifted and the bookies are reacting to that fact.

It's certainly significant posting the bookie odds because it's a collective opinion rather than an individual one.

Of course. And that opinion keeps constantly changing with people being moved up and dropping back in favour. Hitzfeld last week, Sven two weeks before that. Bradley since O'Neill left. Says a lot about that collective opinion if it keeps changing.

Everyone got excited last week about Hitzfelds odds being drastically cut. All I'm saying is don't get excited about odds. You are right the bookies react. However, people react to stories and rumours they hear and throw money on that name. Someone has probably placed a big bet on Moyes, alongside those other bets and thats why his odds have been cut. That and Everton fans seem to be turning against him?

Interestingly, perhaps, David Moyes 5/2 favourite to be next premier league manager to leave his job...I don't know if thats directly related to being favourite for Villa, or if there is something else happening.

Oh I don't doubt he's connected. Does he have a record of being right when he hears anything? The Barnetta thing doesn't really help, and having had a quick mooch on his twitter he doesn't seem to rumour monger much. When he does, is he right?

I just doubt his use here. Whats 'a fairly decent job'? Is Stoke a fairly decent job? Forest? Is Everton a fairly decent job, or a pretty good job? Is Small Heath a fairly decent job, or a **** steaming pile of horse manure job?

Is a serious stir a good thing? A serious stir in the football generally? Or a serious stir, for all the wrong reasons, in the Villa fan base?

And so on.

He's really not said much for us all to get excited over. I suppose anything is better than nothing, but I'm not holding my breath.

As for the money people chucked at Moyes signing, it'd be better used elsewhere, that ain't happening.

Oh I don't doubt he's connected. Does he have a record of being right when he hears anything? The Barnetta thing doesn't really help, and having had a quick mooch on his twitter he doesn't seem to rumour monger much. When he does, is he right?

I just doubt his use here. Whats 'a fairly decent job'? Is Stoke a fairly decent job? Forest? Is Everton a fairly decent job, or a pretty good job? Is Small Heath a fairly decent job, or a **** steaming pile of horse manure job?

Is a serious stir a good thing? A serious stir in the football generally? Or a serious stir, for all the wrong reasons, in the Villa fan base?

And so on.

He's really not said much for us all to get excited over. I suppose anything is better than nothing, but I'm not holding my breath.

As for the money people chucked at Moyes signing, it'd be better used elsewhere, that ain't happening.

Good post, however you, me or any other fan does not really KNOW who is going to be the next manager. So people who have put money on Moyes may be right may be wrong, time will tell but I think Lerner will surprise us.

I'd hate moyes to be honest. What has he done that we haven't achieved already? apart from 5th...which to be honest still gets you were we are minus a few extra mill prize money. I really dont see the hype in him.

Yeah ok I like some of the punts he's had in the the transfer market, like fellania.....but not much else I'd like here.

I think moyes would be be a move to stand still, not a move that could build on what this squad has done.

I'd hate moyes to be honest. What has he done that we haven't achieved already? apart from 5th...which to be honest still gets you were we are minus a few extra mill prize money. I really dont see the hype in him.

Yeah ok I like some of the punts he's had in the the transfer market, like fellania.....but not much else I'd like here.

I think moyes would be be a move to stand still, not a move that could build on what this squad has done.

4th