Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would McCleish really come here? He'd have to move into the country and travel by night if he did.

He has not signed a contract CED. I would take him on just to see the reaction of their lot and then sack him 2 days later. :lol:

Moyes is now 9/4 on Paddy Powers

Would you honestly give over? Every hour you are back reminding us of his odds.

His odds cant get much shorter. :D

Same with Hizfeld last week though. Although to be fair they never went down that far. :P

This whole board is mostly about opinion and an opinion is like an arse hole everyone has one.

The fact that the odds on Moyes have shorted today is because the opinion today has shifted and the bookies are reacting to that fact.

It's certainly significant posting the bookie odds because it's a collective opinion rather than an individual one.

Just as the majority of Villa fans were happy with MON.

I think that it was about 50/50 in the satisfaction ratings. There always two different camps during MON's reign.

Mons approval rating on here was always around 70% - 80% in favour.

Would McCleish really come here? He'd have to move into the country and travel by night if he did.

He has not signed a contract CED. I would take him on just to see the reaction of their lot and then sack him 2 days later. :lol:

See, the thing about McLeish is he has managed in the Old Firm as well. Fair enough he hasn't been given the funds, or a new contract. That says a lot about how much he is valued.

He has always came across as a loyal, intelligent man though. He understands cross city derbies. I don't think he is the kind.

This whole board is mostly about opinion and an opinion is like an arse hole everyone has one.

The fact that the odds on Moyes have shorted today is because the opinion today has shifted and the bookies are reacting to that fact.

It's certainly significant posting the bookie odds because it's a collective opinion rather than an individual one.

Of course. And that opinion keeps constantly changing with people being moved up and dropping back in favour. Hitzfeld last week, Sven two weeks before that. Bradley since O'Neill left. Says a lot about that collective opinion if it keeps changing.

Everyone got excited last week about Hitzfelds odds being drastically cut. All I'm saying is don't get excited about odds. You are right the bookies react. However, people react to stories and rumours they hear and throw money on that name. Someone has probably placed a big bet on Moyes, alongside those other bets and thats why his odds have been cut. That and Everton fans seem to be turning against him?

Our derby is nothing like up there, McLeish has signed a few players of us and up there that would never happen!

Still a cross city derby, though is it not? That and the fact I believe he has also said he is not interested in the Villa job. I believe his excuse was something to do with the derby.

I think McCleish would come to us. Blues have always been and will always be a nothing club and he has been there long enough to realise that. How demoralising it must have been for him last week standing on the sidelines at St Andrews in front of only 6 thousand odd fans. I'm sure he is fully aware he can't take Sha much further.

Villa would be a massive opportunity/step up for McCleish and I think he'd jump at the chance.

I think McCleish would come to us. Blues have always been and will always be a nothing club and he has been there long enough to realise that. How demoralising it must have been for him last week standing on the sidelines at St Andrews in front of only 6 thousand odd fans. I'm sure he is fully aware he can't take Sha much further.

Villa would be a massive opportunity/step up for McCleish and I think he'd jump at the chance.

Another thing is, that he proberly remembers how they all wanted him sacked, even when he was getting them promoted. They will lose three on the trot, and the daggers will be out.

He say's that our main target will cause a shock IF it happens. We might want Moyes, but chances are we won't get him and we will have to move on to plan B or C. And more than likely end up with Sven, would like Moyes but can't see it I'm afraid.