Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Numpties on Sky never even clocked the handshake yesterday.

Huh? Explain for those of us who are also numpties...

Yeah but you ain't a numpty if you didn't see it!!

Sky commentators didn't hardly comment, but we did watching the

game on TV!

Could be nothing out of something ...but I've had a feeling ever since..Lerner looks well chuffed he's got his man!

Jesus wept a man shook another mans hand at a football match and now it means we're signing him as our manager and getting all of Evertons best players@ :bang:

Really though, Fellaini, Pienaar, Arteta etc. yup i would have them in our side.

To give her credit, villa_insider on twitter gave me a nod and wink about Moyes yesterday.

I didn't expect it to come to anything but maybe she is actually who she claims to be.

Except the so called 'Villa Insider' on Twitter spouts complete garbage such as the mythical special press conference on Friday. I seriously think he / she is the same person as that clearing in the woods GingerCollins29 on here with the 'ITK' statement that the new manager was being appointed last Friday

Jesus wept a man shook another mans hand at a football match and now it means we're signing him as our manager and getting all of Evertons best players@ :bang:

Really though, Fellaini, Pienaar, Arteta etc. yup i would have them in our side.

It wasn't just the handshake.. it was the statement...and then the rumours today. It maybe a case of 2 + 2 = 5. But going on MM's comments and OTHER rumours today. I think Randy's got his man (whoever that turns out to be!)

Would McCleish really come here? He'd have to move into the country and travel by night if he did.

He has not signed a contract CED. I would take him on just to see the reaction of their lot and then sack him 2 days later. :lol:

See, the thing about McLeish is he has managed in the Old Firm as well. Fair enough he hasn't been given the funds, or a new contract. That says a lot about how much he is valued.

He has always came across as a loyal, intelligent man though. He understands cross city derbies. I don't think he is the kind.

which Is why I think if it was put infront of him he'd take the villa job...... if hes managed an oldfirm club, lets be honest, a bit of banter between Villa & Blues fanbase isnt gonna worry him one little bit !!

If you've made a bet on Moyes at big odds, get onto betfair and lay it off. I'd say you'd get mental odds
How would this work mate?

Let's say you've got a bet of £10 on Moyes at 50/1. I just checked and you'll get odds of 1/5 of Moyes not becoming manager. Thought they'd be better, but still you're guaranteed profit if you lay it off more than £50 of it. Depends if you're sure that the bet won't come off, or if you think his odds might come in a bit more yet.

Don't know how much you would lay off if you want to make the same profit whether or not he becomes manager.

I think up until the Newcastle result they would have given it to KM that performance us out of Europe the captain changing his story and KM strange comments means we have moved on .

Trouble is I can't see us getting Jol / Hughes or Moyes who I suppose all fit the criteria am at a loss who it could be . I just hope it's not one of these odd appointments and a Venglos comes through the doors .

Trouble is I can't see us getting Jol / Hughes or Moyes

Neither could I previously, which is why I thought we'd go for KM but maybe Lerner has decided to flex his not inconsiderable financial muscle a wee bit, following the Newcastle defeat & exit from Europe. We shall of course see...the bookies haven't always called this correctly.

I think up until the Newcastle result they would have given it to KM that performance us out of Europe the captain changing his story and KM strange comments means we have moved on .

Trouble is I can't see us getting Jol / Hughes or Moyes who I suppose all fit the criteria am at a loss who it could be . I just hope it's not one of these odd appointments and a Venglos comes through the doors .

Ive had a feeling it would be McLeish ever since ONeill went....... thats where my money is........

Why Houllier?

Tactically shit. Man managent poor, didn't Carew say he's one of worst he's worked with? bought absolute shit, decided to sign Diouf instead of Anelka.

Poor football as well.

Finished in Prem:

7th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 5th, 4th.

Only once did he reach over 70 points. That was when they finished 2nd.

What is going on about this handshake?

Absolutely nothing. Randy and Moyes bumped into each other just before kick-off yesterday, shook hands, shared a joke and a laugh. The Sky cameras caught it, and now it's apparently some sort of seismic event.

It was the most innocuous, meaningless encounter ever. He might well turn out to be our next manager, but this meet 'n' greet would have happened regardless; they're grown-ups and gentlemen.

If you've made a bet on Moyes at big odds, get onto betfair and lay it off. I'd say you'd get mental odds
How would this work mate?

Let's say you've got a bet of £10 on Moyes at 50/1. I just checked and you'll get odds of 1/5 of Moyes not becoming manager. Thought they'd be better, but still you're guaranteed profit if you lay it off more than £50 of it. Depends if you're sure that the bet won't come off, or if you think his odds might come in a bit more yet.

Don't know how much you would lay off if you want to make the same profit whether or not he becomes manager.

Ive got him at 33's 10's and 7's bout 5k to lay...