Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I personally think it'll be Moyes - he hasn't had the best of starts to the season (as typical of Everton) and has taken Everton as far he can on their budget.

We actually haven't spent anything this summer and recouped money via Milner and Shorey, plus additional wages freed up from Harewood, Bouma etc etc

January could be a very interesting time for us, with the new manager potentially being given a 'summer' budget to reinforce.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shortening odds mean nothing. Unless they suddenly drop across the place. Other bookies have Moyes at very high odds still.

It was only a few days ago we had Hitzfelds odds crash down.

Shortening odds mean nothing. Unless they suddenly drop across the place. Other bookies have Moyes at very high odds still.

It was only a few days ago we had Hitzfelds odds crash down.

This, it's all to do with people backing him.

Can't understand the salivating over Moyes ? He's nothing that special.

Anyway, ludicrous to think he would leave to come here - just as daft as when Spuds thought they might get MON. These Clubs are much of a muchness, when Moyes leaves he will go to Scotland or Manchester.

And Sven's and Bradley's...

Don't think it'll be Moyes. He would be the most hated man in Everton if he did. They would understand if he was going to Utd, but to Villa, they'd lynch him. He has no need to go really. He'd risk it all for very little chance of a gain. I'd put Villa and Everton at an even footing when it comes to qualifying for CL over the next 5 years.

Of course we didn't think O'Neill would go, but in my opinion he went because he's a clearing in the woods. Maybe Moyes is a clearing in the woods. If so, he can stay at Everton. Or maybe Moyes is getting sick of the little-no investment and seeing a shite start to every season. I'm tired of seeing a shite end to every season. If he comes to Villa and fails, he will lose his reputation as a great manager. O'Neill has maintained his somewhat by quitting when he thought it was about to go tits up. Can't see Moyes wanting to walk into such uncertainty when a calculated man such as MON jumped ship.

He'd need to be offered a huge transfer kitty and I just don't see it happening

If Moyes left Everton, they wouldn't be anywhere near Villa. The guy has done a fantastic job.

Can't believe there are some on here dismissing. His team battered us yesterday, regardless of the score. Everton play good football as well. With some decent funds, he could do really well at Villa.

I would love it if Moyes came here as much for the assurances that Randy would have to have given him to come (lots and lots of cash for players), as actually having as good manager that Moyes clearly is. All very hypothetical though.

If Moyes left Everton, they wouldn't be anywhere near Villa. The guy has done a fantastic job.

Can't believe there are some on here dismissing. His team battered us yesterday, regardless of the score. Everton play good football as well. With some decent funds, he could do really well at Villa.

This

I would have to agree his teams can play but are a bit dirty. With the right backing, he could do well here.

I think we need to be a little more physical anyway. Wouldn't mind seeing us kick a few of the opposition in the air, were far too 'nice'