Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

If Moyes left Everton, they wouldn't be anywhere near Villa. The guy has done a fantastic job.

Can't believe there are some on here dismissing. His team battered us yesterday, regardless of the score. Everton play good football as well. With some decent funds, he could do really well at Villa.

Eh?

Hypothetically......

So if Moyes came to Villa and MON went to Everton, you reckon Villa would do better than Everton ?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Moyes left Everton, they wouldn't be anywhere near Villa. The guy has done a fantastic job.

Can't believe there are some on here dismissing. His team battered us yesterday, regardless of the score. Everton play good football as well. With some decent funds, he could do really well at Villa.

Eh?

Hypothetically......

So if Moyes came to Villa and MON went to Everton, you reckon Villa would do better than Everton ?

If resources remain the same as they have for the past 3/4 years, then definately.

The General has just said this:

there are those who seem to think that we can waltz into any Club and get a Manager of "ilk" to leave their Club and come to ours. Did it ever occur to you that I, speaking as a Fan and former Marine who values loyalty, may not want a Manager who would up and desert his Club for additional money? I may well think that such a Manager might not be "right" for our Club. Again, I am NOT saying that is a criteria, I am just saying AS A FAN, NOT A BOARD MEMBER, I am not sure that getting someone who has bailed from their Club is something I would feel comfortable about.

I really don't see us poaching a manager currently employed by another club.

The Geral has just said this:

there are those who seem to think that we can waltz into any Club and get a Manager of "ilk" to leave their Club and come to ours. Did it ever occur to you that I, speaing as a Fan and former Marine who values loyalty, may not want a Manager who would up and desert his Club for additional money? I may well think that such a Manager might not be "right" for our Club. Again, I am NOT saying that is a criteria, I am just saying AS A FAN, NOT A BOARD MEMBER, I am not sure that getting someone who has bailed from their Club is something I would feel comfortable about.

I really don't see us poaching a manager current employed by another club.

That would appear to rule out Moyes, Jol and Hughes.

there are those who seem to think that we can waltz into any Club and get a Manager of "ilk" to leave their Club and come to ours. Did it ever occur to you that I, speaing as a Fan and former Marine who values loyalty, may not want a Manager who would up and desert his Club for additional money? I may well think that such a Manager might not be "right" for our Club. Again, I am NOT saying that is a criteria, I am just saying AS A FAN, NOT A BOARD MEMBER, I am not sure that getting someone who has bailed from their Club is something I would feel comfortable about.

and Sven for me, he's notorious for chasing the money.

The fact that he says twice that he says it as a fan and that, in uppercase, he emphasises that it is not a criteria, means to me that it would appear to rule out absolutely nobody.

Eh?

Hypothetically......

Absolutely.

I think the board will like Moyes as he's pretty decent in the transfer window, is used to a restricted budget to play with and most importantly has a good track record of bringing young players into the first team and blooding them well.

He'd be a great fit for us

The fact that he says twice that he says it as a fan and that, in uppercase, he emphasises that it is not a criteria, means to me that it would appear to rule out absolutely nobody.

True Brian but then why mention how much he values loyalty and how he would not feel comfortable about someone bailing from another club to manage us. I'd guess he'd keep his personal/fan views to himself if a manager currently employed by another club -Moyes, Jol, Hughes, McCleish etc, were under serious consideration.

Got to love how some people grab the bits of information they want to make decisions on what's going to happen!

Random guy says we're after big manager in job, people want it to be Moyes - therefore it must be happening. Krulak says wouldn't want manager who'd bailed on club - ah but he's not the owner. Krulak says something you like and that part's true!

There are precious few FACTS anywhere. I personally doubt many will be happy with the next appointment, but we won't find out for a while yet. No, I don't know anything, I'm no ITK and I very much doubt there are ANY ITK's on here - that's the other thing that bugs me, very little evidence that anyone is really ITK other than the General. Being intelligent and saying the bleeding obvious or predicting quite well known things will happen is hardly being ITK. Those who pretend to be ITK are no different from psychics, suggesting very open possibilities that can then be bent into "I told you so's...."

He's also speaking as Randy's surrogate dad. If Randy were to make an appointment of a disloyal money chasing deserter, he'd be over the General's knee for six of the best.

If the General keeps posting with more of these character insights we can fleece the bookies like a bunch of dodgy pakistani spot betters. :lol: