Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

It's not often the bookies are wrong...

Aye, but if a ton of money is thrown on a name they have to cut the odds to protect themselves. It is common practice in the gambling industry.

They were wrong about Bradley and Hitzfeld, they could be just as much wrong with Moyes.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bookies know nothing, they purely respond to the betting patterns. Because the Villa Manager market is probably quite small, it won't take much for a small flurry of bets to change odds drastically.

Does anyone seriously (deep down) believe we are a) after Moyes B) could get Moyes or c) Moyes would want to come here at the moment?!

All that's happened is a few people have got overly excited at a handshake, a few others have pretended their ITK and the rest is people finding meaning in unrelated Official Statement!

All I do know is these little flurries of betting (JK last week) all help the bookies make even more cash!

If you've made a bet on Moyes at big odds, get onto betfair and lay it off. I'd say you'd get mental odds
How would this work mate?

Let's say you've got a bet of £10 on Moyes at 50/1. I just checked and you'll get odds of 1/5 of Moyes not becoming manager. Thought they'd be better, but still you're guaranteed profit if you lay it off more than £50 of it. Depends if you're sure that the bet won't come off, or if you think his odds might come in a bit more yet.

Don't know how much you would lay off if you want to make the same profit whether or not he becomes manager.

Ive got him at 33's 10's and 7's bout 5k to lay...

Can someone please explain this betfair lark to me? I have moyes at 50-1 for a tenner, so a potential 510 quid, what do I need to do on betfair? a pm would do if it's OT

I'd hate moyes to be honest. What has he done that we haven't achieved already? apart from 5th...which to be honest still gets you were we are minus a few extra mill prize money. I really dont see the hype in him.

Yeah ok I like some of the punts he's had in the the transfer market, like fellania.....but not much else I'd like here.

I think moyes would be be a move to stand still, not a move that could build on what this squad has done.

4th

Got me! forgot about that....I just dont like him...hmmm arrgghh I dont know.

But on the hand shake thing, it wasnt just a hello how are you kind of thing. Moyes was walking up the steps of the tunnel, randy poppped out from the corner and shook hands and then walked off together round passed the changing rooms.

NOW.... think about how many managers you see shake hands before a match...usually same old, its just standard. This just seemed very friendly and was enough to make me and everyone else around take notice.

I guess at this time of needing a manager you take notice of every little thing.

The news at the bottom of SSN, not breaking news I might add, has that one bookmakers odds have drastically decreased on Moyes. Oh, the powers of the internet!!

As if its on there, got to love the internet.

Just had a little feature on it as well! haha! VT is going to take over the worlddd muhahahha!!

Aparently Moyes was at some Finchly farm today too so not sure theres been much to move the odds.

Perhaps he was milking the cows there while the rest of the squad were at the clubs training ground at Finch Farm :D

Ah ok cool :lol: i didn't realise it was there training ground. Aparently the squad had the day off, so it was just him there.

NOW.... think about how many managers you see shake hands before a match...usually same old, its just standard. This just seemed very friendly and was enough to make me and everyone else around take notice.

IIRC Randy squeezed his arm.. it was a body language of "I know this man more than in passing" kinda thing.

I don't really wanna trail through the whole Sky+ programme to find it to check though...

we just said. He's met with Moyes before and he's after him....but maybe it was just wishful thinking.

I'd hate moyes to be honest. What has he done that we haven't achieved already? apart from 5th...which to be honest still gets you were we are minus a few extra mill prize money. I really dont see the hype in him.

Yeah ok I like some of the punts he's had in the the transfer market, like fellania.....but not much else I'd like here.

I think moyes would be be a move to stand still, not a move that could build on what this squad has done.

4th

Got me! forgot about that....I just dont like him...hmmm arrgghh I dont know.

But on the hand shake thing, it wasnt just a hello how are you kind of thing. Moyes was walking up the steps of the tunnel, randy poppped out from the corner and shook hands and then walked off together round passed the changing rooms.

I guess at this time of needing a manager you take notice of every little thing.

Is Randy normally down there, managers shaking yes but with an owner down the tunnel? Is Randy normally down the tunnel?

IIRC Randy squeezed his arm.. it was a body language of "I know this man more than in passing" kinda thing.

I don't really wanna trail through the whole Sky+ programme to find it to check though...

we just said. He's met with Moyes before and he's after him....but maybe it was just wishful thinking.

Yeah your right, it was very friendly. Not something you usually see tbf, between chairman and opposing managers

To be serious for a minute. I'd expect the likes of Moyes and Hughes to be on the list of wants. They are both very good managers and gettable if the compo is set at the right amount. I'd also expect Villa to view Sam Allardyce's career with interest too. I'm not saying we will get any of them but we have to show ambition with who we want, we are a huge top six football club and I think we sometimes forget that.

Neil_Moxley_DM @Ste_Healy Dunno! Been told not to go near that one tho. Another talksport pile of sh!te that we have to race around knocking down...

Just been tweeted this by Neil Moxley re: Moyes