Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the General is saying that we'd do things properly rather than approach a manager behind his clubs back, rather than dismiss a guy in employment. He hasn't dismissed us approaching a club about a manager in employment at all.

Personally, I think we'll make a formal approach to Everton very soon, if we've not done so already.

I can't see us getting Moyes. I think it would be amazing if we managed to pull it off. Villa and Everton are perceived to be of a similar size. For us to get their manager would be a mini-shockwave through Goodison. Good manager's tend to go up the ladder. So for Moyes to see us as being further up the ladder than Everton would be very telling.

Still, if rumours are true and United buy Rodwell, he has the perfect 'out' if he wanted to get all grumpy about the deal. It would be convenient. Still can't see it though.

Moyes has already come out publicly and said that he doesn't want to manage Villa.

Has he? Where was that?

Might have been the Monday after O'Neill walked out. It was on Sky Sports News as well.

If it isn't moyes who could it be?

If the Norwegian bloke is on the money then it all points towards Moyes.

If not then I cannae see who we could appoint that would cause a serious stir aside from McCleish.

General said he doesn't like the idea of someone leaving his current club to manage another club for additional money ("bailed on his club" is what he said). General isn't Randy though i guess.

Maybe General Krulak knows who it's going to be, but he is staying out of it because he don't think it's right?.....He did say that he isn't a pussy cat though and these are the times when dog does eat dog. He should understand that, if it means getting the right mananger for Aston Villa.

There is alot of Everton fans not happy with Moyes

http://tinyurl.com/39menb4

**** me, if you think we've had it tough over the years and should have been grateful regards MON then those lot are ungrateful c**ts and will really see what a top top manager Moyes is when he eventually goes. Maybe they can get the likes of Walter Smith, Mike Walker and Joe Royle back. Personally, over hte same period DOug recruited far better til Moyes joined them.

Come to Villa David and see what you can do with a few quid behind you ;)