Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Hitzfeld was in hidden away in a box somewhere, you know how Randy works.

As much as I would like him to be the Villa manager, I doubt very much it would be him now....It was just a rumour started by someone who edited Wikipedia.

The Swiss side have 2 games coming up, one on the 3rd of Sept against the Aussies then they play England on the 7th.

We would hear about him standing down as the Swiss manager before we would hear about him going to AV....It's just bollox that some of us want to believe is true....Me being one of them.

What morning briefing was rumoured to be postponed?

Just some tweets from someone called villa_insider whose provenance is in question:

More rumours in Villa Park that the manager situation will take a dramatic turn tomorrow. I didn't see Hitzfeld at VP tonight, FYI.

Somethings happening. Press office guys are rushing around trying to look casual.

I think normal pre-match press conf scheduled for 10am has been postponed. Journos have been asked not to file anything yet.

I'm being told not to read anything into press conf postponement but something is definitely happening. Watch this space I suppose.

What morning briefing was rumoured to be postponed?

Just some tweets from someone called villa_insider whose provenance is in question:

More rumours in Villa Park that the manager situation will take a dramatic turn tomorrow. I didn't see Hitzfeld at VP tonight, FYI.

Somethings happening. Press office guys are rushing around trying to look casual.

I think normal pre-match press conf scheduled for 10am has been postponed. Journos have been asked not to file anything yet.

I'm being told not to read anything into press conf postponement but something is definitely happening. Watch this space I suppose.

Jonathan Hogg's probably renewed his contract or summit

Who said he was at the game?

So he becomes manager, is in Birmingham but doesn't go to the game? You are having a laugh.

Anything Ian Robathan says is pure and utter bollocks.

Didn't say I believed any of it. Just passed on what Ian was saying to see what discussion it would give rise to.

The guy is full of bullshit.

Gramme - I did not see a single management candidate at Villa Park last night. And that includes the guy sat near the players in complete silence hoping nobody notices him.

I'll set 'em up and you can knock 'em out the park! :winkold:

Who said he was at the game?

So he becomes manager, is in Birmingham but doesn't go to the game? You are having a laugh.

Anything Ian Robathan says is pure and utter bollocks.

Didn't say I believed any of it. Just passed on what Ian was saying to see what discussion it would give rise to.

The guy is full of bullshit.

To be fair, he is generally quite clear that he is just passing on what he's been told but I take your point - he should probably be a bit more circumspect about what he commits to print.

I would absolutely love it if our next manager is Hitzfeld (sic). A manager of that status and credibility would be just what we need. In fact credibility is a good word, it is something we are lacking big style at present and hitzfeld would bring it alright

I hope it is true I really do

Well one thing is for sureMacdonald can no longer be seen as the cheap option. With league placings at stake and euro qualification I think he has the potential to cost us a bloody fortune

definitely. if macdonald gets it expect the fans to turn on randy.

and as far as hitzfeld goes even if there was a tiny glimmer of hope he would come it vanished after last nights pathetic display

I've written this one off to be honest. I'll tell you now, all Everton are going to do is laucnh the ball at our indecisive back foru with Feillani and Cahill arms flaying everywhere and I can't see us standing up to them ATM! :cry: