Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the game I thought they would end up having to give it to Kevin Mac but now I know they wont' . Have no idea who by the way but it won't be KM

This is kinda of a relief. Whoever the new manager may turn out to be. I actually like K-Mac and do not blame him for these recent freak losses. Having said that it's still quite obvious we NEED an experienced manager with a proven track record.

Just to throw it out there

The owners of the club said they are going to wait to get the right man. If you were cynical and if as speculated we have no money to spend on players, are they waiting to get the right man when the transfer window is shut?

The owners of the club said they are going to wait to get the right man. If you were cynical and if as speculated we have no money to spend on players, are they waiting to get the right man when the transfer window is shut?

It is a cynical view but very plausible.

I am under the impression that our most pressing issue is to get players off the wage bill ASAP. So not bringing in a manager would put a stop to any chance of that happening, I still think that we are trying to get the right man.

This has been mooted several times over the last week but the General has denied it. I don't think it's fair to suggest this - MONs exit was completely out of the blue, so it's obviously going to take time to find a strong candidate to appoint.

Why does everyone seem to think that this is the case? I'll agree this is an easy logical deduction to make, but the general has already dismissed it several times, stating that the club will do all they can to get the right man for the job, however long this may take. The transfer window is not a factor in this. We were probably never going to buy any players this window, unless we get rid of some of the deadwood, which hasn't happened.

Before the game I thought they would end up having to give it to Kevin Mac but now I know they wont' . Have no idea who by the way but it won't be KM

Well i guess he can't really now. Maybe he could be 1st team coach although the kids will suffer.

I'd take Houllier, no problem.

Kev Mac has put a lot of time and effort into this club since 1993, and I think the longer he stays in the limelight (which he doesn't want) the bigger the chance of fans turning on him, which is a big shame. I for one am expecting a chorus of boos at the end of the Everton game. We need to sort this out ASAP.

Why does everyone seem to think that this is the case? I'll agree this is an easy logical deduction to make, but the general has already dismissed it several times, stating that the club will do all they can to get the right man for the job, however long this may take. The transfer window is not a factor in this. We were probably never going to buy any players this window, unless we get rid of some of the deadwood, which hasn't happened.

I don't think, I think its the case, I said if you were cynical. Semantics is everything

Houllier has said in the French press that he would want to talk to Villa if he was offered. Don't want him.

I'd love Houllier. Has managed at the top level for years, would be an extremely safe pair of hands and coupled with a younger coach would be a great appointment.

Won't happen though as he won't come cheap and I think that is the main credential.