Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I'm slowly coming to the point that I no longer care who is the manager as long as he changes around what is happening at AV.

If he can get us winning games and take us up the higher parts of the league, maybe sign some new players, I wouldn't care if his first name was Mary.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he can get us winning games and take us up the higher parts of the league, maybe sign some new players, I wouldn't care if his first name was Mary.

We do not want Shearer.

**** no, did you see his face after he picked up his winning when we played NewCastle.

I wouldn't even let him enter the carpark.

If it's true what Kev Mac has said that they won't start interviewing other candidates until after the Everton game then we've effectively wasted the two most important weeks of the season, the last two weeks of the summer transfer window.

I don't subscribe to the theory that they're stalling an appointment just to avoid spending money on transfers, and I can even see why they wanted to consider Kev Mac as manager after the West Ham game, but I can't for the life of me understand why we couldn't start interviewing people right from the off (three or four days after MON had gone when a short list would (should) have been ready). Drawing up a shortlist doesn't take three weeks.

In hindsight it looks as if the West Ham game was a curse in disguise, rather than a fantastic start to the season.

I think we have to accept that the board are going to take a patient approach whatever we think.

MacDonald has confirmed he has to make his decision on whether he wants to be considered for the job on Sunday. That doesn't mean he is the board's number one choice though.

Personally I can't help being disappointed because a new manager, whoever he is, is more than likely to miss out on bringing anyone in during this window. Randy has done wonders for this club but right now we need urgency for once because otherwise this season is going to end before it starts.

There is a nasty rumour started by a Sky Sports journo that Phil Brown is at VP.

Jesus Wept!

He's not even a journo with them, he's a sub-editor. So, basically, whenever you see something spelled wrong on the bottom of the SSN screen, its his fault.

And he's "hearing" it from a "Villa mate". That's a hell of an audition for a promotion don't you think?

There is a nasty rumour started by a Sky Sports journo that Phil Brown is at VP.

Jesus Wept!

we will all be given a bottle of sun tan lotion instead of a free scarf.

I think we have to accept that the board are going to take a patient approach whatever we think.

MacDonald has confirmed he has to make his decision on whether he wants to be considered for the job on Sunday. That doesn't mean he is the board's number one choice though.

Personally I can't help being disappointed because a new manager, whoever he is, is more than likely to miss out on bringing anyone in during this window. Randy has done wonders for this club but right now we need urgency for once because otherwise this season is going to end before it starts.

you can write this season off.....interms of football development.