Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you do MM?

Grew some balls and told some home truths . We got to start getting a bit more ruthless in my opinion and stop being part of a Gentlemans club its dog eat dog sometimes . I have faith in Randy but this is new territory and it's the first time I have started to have doubts . But I maintain ONeil timing is the biggest issue but countering that something should have been bought to a head sooner in my opinion . We will no doubt learn from this .

Resigned after Hughes was appointed....!

What a favour that was!

As in he knew that maybe Randy wanted Hughes, waited till Hughes got a job and then resigned.

Yes. I don't rate Hughes. I would have been gutted if we replaced MON with him.

What did you do MM?

Grew some balls and told some home truths . We got to start getting a bit more ruthless in my opinion and stop being part of a Gentlemans club its dog eat dog sometimes . I have faith in Randy but this is new territory and it's the first time I have started to have doubts . But I maintain ONeil timing is the biggest issue but countering that something should have been bought to a head sooner in my opinion . We will no doubt learn from this .

"we have got to start getting a bit more ruthless" & " stop being part of a gentlemans club.

That is one of the best lines I've read on this site.

it will be our eventual undoing if we arn't careful.

RANDY NEEDS TO BRING IN A WELL CONNECTED FOOTBALL MAN IN TO HIS TEAM

If this was already in place he would have had more confidence to see through O'Neill before so much damage was done.

What did you do MM?

Given your track record MM I accept that as confirmation that Mr Lerner is the ultimate gentleman in business that I have always taken him for.

Time to get someone ruthless in at board level I think.

didnt he have a heart attack once on the touch line? i think the villa job would be bad for his health.

He'll be fine here. We have a top class medical team. We got a few more seasons out of Laursen, we can do it for Houllier :)

Unfortunately we don't.

Apparently our last club doctor left because he was another one who could not stand working with the man who had complete power at the club at the time.

We need a manager who has experience with dealing with big name players rather than being star struck by them. Ok Lambert played for the successful Dortmund team under Hitzfeld but what experience does he have with getting the best out of big name players?

What the hell does Paul Faulkner do? He appears to be the only CEO that says NOTHING, never seen him address the media. Kind of essential when you have a chairman that refuses to speak. Im sure the more connected on here will tell me he is fab etc etc I see him as someone who looks slightly bewildered everytime I have seen him. Not meaning to be disrespectful, jusy not sure what he brings the club.

I know we have no hope but I would like Harry Redknapp. Not for his twattishness though.

Baconface no chance

I said it before and I'll say it again, if that post stroke Roy Hodgson gets near Villa. I will personally drive down Villa Park and slap Randy right in the face.

I know we have no hope but I would like Harry Redknapp. Not for his twattishness though.

Baconface no chance

I said it before and I'll say it again, if that post stroke Roy Hodgson gets near Villa. I will personally drive down Villa Park and slap Randy right in the face.

What the hell has Roy Hodgson got to do with Harry Redknapp? Did you also miss the fact he has just taken over at Liverpool?

What did you do MM?

"we have got to start getting a bit more ruthless" & " stop being part of a gentlemans club.

That is one of the best lines I've read on this site.

it will be our eventual undoing if we arn't careful.

RANDY NEEDS TO BRING IN A WELL CONNECTED FOOTBALL MAN IN TO HIS TEAM

If this was already in place he would have had more confidence to see through O'Neill before so much damage was done.

Can I also agree, we are a little too nice. (On and off the pitch) but still, I am behind Randy.

Baconface no chance

What the hell has Roy Hodgson got to do with Harry Redknapp? Did you also miss the fact he has just taken over at Liverpool?

Sorry I think Renknapp looks like Hodgson if he'd had a stroke. (or melted slightly)

Baconface no chance

He is saying if Hodgson had a stroke, he would end up looking like Redknapp, so saying if "post stroke hodgson" (I.E Redknapp) comes down he will slap randy.

Baconface no chance

Haha I'm glad you said something Wiggy, I wanted to say something, but I thought hang on it might be an AV fan thing that I know nothing about...I didn't want to look stupid commenting on it.

Who gives a **** who the new manager is?!?!

We will only slag him off and call for his head after he loses a game anyway!!!

We all agree that we need a new manager sharpish BUT there is no agreement whatsoever about who we should appoint from the very limited pool of available candidates (cheers for that MON) and yet this place is going mad because Randy hasn't appointed anyone yet.

I hope Randy and whoever is appointed have thick skins to deal with the all the bull shit that is to follow in the weeks to come.