Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting how they can postpone a press briefing.

They have to do it at some point under the contract from the premier league.

That Villa Insider twitter is clearly bollocks as well, never says anything that anyone doesn't already know, just dressed up to seem more exciting.

That Villa Insider twitter is clearly bollocks as well, never says anything that anyone doesn't already know, just dressed up to seem more exciting.

We all already knew about the press conference today being cancelled? ;)

Ianrobbo posting lots of speculation about Hitzfeld too today though. Apparently several sightings in Brum yesterday. As Jez says, probably all balls but there was even a suggestion of Hitzfeld and DOF with Bradley as coach.

Do we actually know its been postponed though? ;)

Ianrobbo posting lots of speculation about Hitzfeld too today though. Apparently several sightings in Brum yesterday. As Jez says, probably all balls but there was even a suggestion of Hitzfeld and DOF with Bradley as coach.

If Hitzfeld was at VP, do you not think that he'd have been picked up on the cameras that were constantly pointing at the empty directors bax when they showed Lerner's reaction?

Do we actually know its been postponed though? ;)

Guess we'll find out soon enough :lol:

Well one thing is for sureMacdonald can no longer be seen as the cheap option. With league placings at stake and euro qualification I think he has the potential to cost us a bloody fortune

If Hitzfeld was at VP, do you not think that he'd have been picked up on the cameras that were constantly pointing at the empty directors bax when they showed Lerner's reaction?

Who said he was at the game?

(Don't think for one minute I'm taking these rumours seriously, mind you).

So he becomes manager, is in Birmingham but doesn't go to the game? You are having a laugh.

Anything Ian Robathan says is pure and utter bollocks.

Didn't say I believed any of it. Just passed on what Ian was saying to see what discussion it would give rise to.

Well one thing is for sureMacdonald can no longer be seen as the cheap option. With league placings at stake and euro qualification I think he has the potential to cost us a bloody fortune

I dunno. If we some how manage to beat Everton I think he'll still get it.

So he becomes manager, is in Birmingham but doesn't go to the game? You are having a laugh.

Anything Ian Robathan says is pure and utter bollocks.

Robathan hasn't actually said anything - he's seemingly as sceptical as anyone; all the Hitzfeld chat on his blog has come from other people.

Makes me nervous when I see pictures of Paul Faulkner sitting next to Lerner. He looks like he's just received his GCSE results & seems to spend more time looking at his master for approval than the game! No wonder MON didn't like being told what to do by some jumped up kid as Randy's lap dog!!

Good statement.

Its the long term cost that should be worrying us. Trying to compete at this level on the cheap just is'nt viable.

Interesting that Paddy Power has also removed their page on the next Villa manager.

All bookmakers (except Ladbrokes IIRC) do it overnight. Probably so they don't get caught out by overnight news when there's no-one to update the odds etc.

Ah. Thought as much. Was hoping that wouldn't be the case. After this week, a fan can dream. :cry:

I would have thought that putting a potential managerial appointment out in full view of TV cameras would be an exceptionally silly thing to do. Villa Park last night is the last place I would have expected to see Hitzfeld (or Bradley or Klinsmann or anyone, for that matter).