Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

A mate of mine who is a bookie - reckons Curbishley is the best value for money bet at the moment. Personally I reckon he is the fallback position if we can't pouch a manager. .......Tony Pullis for me ....and if we can't pouch him ...were are in deep shit.

Faulkner will be out by Christmas as well.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's strange, I sort of just imagined that because of the way we've competed in this league the last few years, the consecutive top 6 finishes, in what is regarded as the best league in the world, I had the feeling we'd attract some attention from some pretty top managers, willing to manage us. However, it's just been massively quiet, I really do have the feeling that nobody wants the job, except the desperate ones of course, Sven, Curbishley, etc. I'm sort of starting to think that some people reporting in the media may be right.

Some good points on the ownership aswell, this is the first negative point i've ever made about Randy, but I get the feeling that the people at the top actually have no idea how to act at this moment in time and just do not have the knowledge to choose what they would consider the right man for the job.

Rumours circulating it's Hitztfeld!

His odds have just plumeted from 25 - to 6/1 - ominous ?

excuse my ignorance - but who the f*ck is he ?

LOL, he is a **** legend. Took a poor Dortmund to the top in Germany and also took the team to a Champions League final.

He also took Bayern back to winning the league and brought them to the CL final against United.

I think he is a better name than Jol.

20 minutes ago I started checking the odds on Hitzfeld, I found the Villa manager special on Skybet and Hitxfeld's name was not on their list, then 15 minutes later I go back and the page has been taken off. Oddschecker only have two bookies listed as taking bets and having looked at William Hill as well I could not find any book on the next Villa boss. Something is definitely going on, lets just hope the bookies haven't shot wide of the mark!