Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

It was clear as day for me we needed someone fast as heck after the 6-0 last week... That was just too much of a whacking in my opinion & instantly destroyed a load of confidence in the team & also the teams belief in KM... Not looking forward to Everton at all!

As for Hitzfield? well could maybe do a job for us a la what Hiddink did at Chelsea? 1 year to steady the ship whilst someone more long term becomes avaliable next summer?

FWIW, Just to throw more fuel on the fire, here's an old blog on Hitzfeld and Bradley's connection. http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1679/us-national-team/2010/06/17/1981440/canales-corner-ottmar-hitzfeld-could-lead-bob-bradley-abroad

Hah!

There are reports that Hitzfeld does want to retire in a couple of years and the Swiss Nat team is a job he loves. I think because he hasn't met the Villa faithful yet. He'll fall in love with THE Villa if he takes a chance with the club :winkold: And yes I am excited because I rather be excited by a rumor than **** depressed by the reality.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you listen to yourselves.

There will be bluenoses / man city fans / newcastle fans on their forums at the moment absolutely pissing themselves saying stuff that people usually say on here about someone else "eh, do you know who them brummie f...wits are saying they are gonna get - hitzfeld - they couldnt even afford hitslesperger never mind Hitzfeld

Do us a favour - it is bullshit ! and is making a laughing stock out of us !

There will be bluenoses / man city fans / newcastle fans on their forums at the moment absolutely pissing themselves saying stuff that people usually say on here about someone else "eh, do you know who them brummie f...wits are saying they are gonna get - hitzfeld - they couldnt even afford hitslesperger never mind Hitzfeld

You could be right we might be down by the bottom this year.

But we cant do anything about it.

Things have changed big time and we are in for a tough season.

No one should ever think we are too good to go down.

The way our team is at the moment 12th and 13th id be happy with that.

Lol.

After this week we already are a laughing stock.

I doubt they'd care what a few people on here thought and if they did, that's pretty sad.

Lol.

After this week we already are a laughing stock.

Indeed. We couldn't possibly be any bigger laughing stock than we are at the moment. Humilated by a newly promoted team and dumped out of Europe, 2 years in a row by an incredibly average Austrian team before even making the competiton properly. No manager, Curtis Davies and everyone at the club pulling in differen't directions. A few internet rumours won't do any harm. Cheered me up a bit actually :D

Interesting that Paddy Power has also removed their page on the next Villa manager.

All bookmakers (except Ladbrokes IIRC) do it overnight. Probably so they don't get caught out by overnight news when there's no-one to update the odds etc.