Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would people be happy with over the next few years? Clearly a new manager needs time to build their own squad but do people think getting closer to 4th than MON did last season is a realistic aim in the next 3 years?

A smaller wage bill and remaining in the Europa League spots.

Capello. He was there against Valencia sitting next to MON in the stands - unusual in itself - and was seen chatting to Villa players before the game. MON walked off alone at halftime so I think the conversation went like this around the 44m mark.

Capello: "So do I give the half-time talk or do you?"

MON: "What? Why would you do it?

Capello "Well, I've agreed with Mr LernerI 'll be their manager this time next week maybe I should talk to them now."

MON: "WTF?!"

What would people be happy with over the next few years? Clearly a new manager needs time to build their own squad but do people think getting closer to 4th than MON did last season is a realistic aim in the next 3 years?

I really think we have a really good base squad so any manager coming in would not have to make too many changes just bring in a few players that suit his style a bit more. If we bring in a manager that overhauls the entire squad then we could have a disastrous few years ahead of us.

There's been lots of talk of Villa's English players leaving over the last 12 months. Barry, Gardner, Harewood, Shorey, Young x 2, Heskey, Gabby, Davies, Sidwell, NRC etc. maybe this is telling us something?

Martin O'Neill has an apparent liking for British players, particularly English ones. But he could only afford the fringe England players whilst at Villa.

There is a very successful club manager who seems to be able to manager anyone as long as they aren't English.

So, given the above facts, is it possible that a swap deal is in place for England to have O'Neill and Villa get Fabio Capello in exchange?

I really think we have a really good base squad so any manager coming in would not have to make too many changes just bring in a few players that suit his style a bit more. If we bring in a manager that overhauls the entire squad then we could have a disastrous few years ahead of us.

Same here,only 2-3 new players and then a new style of play can do wonders.

Maybe now is the best time to get someone like Klinsmann in. We have shown that we have a good defense and then Klinsmann can bring the attacking style that we would all be delighted with. Sort of like Wenger at Arsenal, as he kept that same back fur for as long as he could.

I'm sure that the back 4 Wenger inherited taught him something about defending that helped him set up his defense years after they had left.

I think it might just be Southgate, which would disappoint me hugely. I don't know what is more sad about this situation, the fact Villa could well sink downhill from here, or that I feel as if MON's has just broken up with me :s

Shant be making any trips over if its Southgate. Won't be buying the kits, or any of the training gear.

I think that after his MON experience, Lerner will pick someone who will just go along with the system. MON wanted full control and got it. But he blew too much money on riff raff, and now Lerner is asking for accountability.

So I think it'll be someone like

Southgate

Klinsmann

Bradley

Affable yes men who will be just happy for the job.

I think that after his MON experience, Lerner will pick someone who will just go along with the system. MON wanted full control and got it. But he blew too much money on riff raff, and now Lerner is asking for accountability.

Southgate

Klinsmann

Bradley

I wish we would stop speculating about what happened before we know. I leads people to say pretty nasty things about people that may not deserve it at all.

Long shot, but with our youth, Stuart Pearce?

No thanks, ruining the England U21's imo, the last tournament for instance. He was insistent on filling the team which as many big players as possible, playing a long ball playing style and offering little tactical nouse.

Long shot, but with our youth, Stuart Pearce?

No thanks, ruining the England U21's imo, the last tournament for instance. He was insistent on filling the team which as many big players as possible, playing a long ball playing style and offering little tactical nouse.

**** me a ready made replacement for O'Neill then!

I say get our very own Dom Wren in as manager!

spot on,we have some good players who just need motivating differently.

After spitting out my Weet-Bix this morning on the news of O'Neill leaving, the one person that immediately came to my mind was, DAVID MOYES!!!!!

We should not expect anything less from the Villa, and we should be pickiting the front gate with, We Want David Moyes banners. He is the logical choice, and the players would react to him.

To me anything less than Moyes is an insult.

Southgate

Klinsmann

Bradley

I wish we would stop speculating about what happened before we know. I leads people to say pretty nasty things about people that may not deserve it at all.

Is it speculation to say MON had full control over transfers, but spent much of it on mediocre players? Or is that just reality?