Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Trapattoni. Oh dear. Austrian League is his limit. Made a balls up at Stuttgart so no way. He is fine at International level, few games a year, but way way too defensive for my liking.

I would level the same allegation at Hiddink.

Not that he is defensive - but that he is a fine international manager and nothing more.

Hiddink is the master at turning up late, making some headway, then buggering off somewhere else before it all goes pear-shaped. His last stint at club management was Chelsea for what? 8 weeks?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trapattoni. Oh dear. Austrian League is his limit. Made a balls up at Stuttgart so no way. He is fine at International level, few games a year, but way way too defensive for my liking.

I would level the same allegation at Hiddink.

Not that he is defensive - but that he is a fine international manager and nothing more.

Hiddink is the master at turning up late, making some headway, then buggering off somewhere else before it all goes pear-shaped. His last stint at club management was Chelsea for what? 8 weeks?

He was employed for only those couple of months!!!

If we got Hiddink, I'd cum.

Jol, Zola, Klinsmann.

Please explain why Klinsmann. People keep saying his name. What has he done besides fail.

2006 WC was all Loew but Klinsmann took the glory. Why is Loew the current manager and not Klinsmann?

What club has Klinsmann managed? Bayern Munich. How did that go? Terrible. He got the boot.

FFS Holloway is a better manager. Why does it have to be an internationally-known former footballer with limited managerial experience over a lesser known one with years of experience.

Why do people say Klinsmann and not Magath. It's a **** joke.

Definite no to Trapattoni.

Those bored of the style of football under MON will be on suicide watch with Traps attritional approach.

For sure :lol:

From the realistic candidates, Jol is the one I'd like to see here.

Jol, Zola, Klinsmann.

Please explain why Klinsmann. People keep saying his name. What has he done besides fail.

2006 WC was all Loew but Klinsmann took the glory. Why is Loew the current manager and not Klinsmann?

What club has Klinsmann managed? Bayern Munich. How did that go? Terrible. He got the boot.

FFS Holloway is a better manager. Why does it have to be an internationally-known former footballer with limited managerial experience over a lesser known one with years of experience.

Sorry. Valid points on Klinsmann.

Jol, Zola, Klinsmann.

:winkold: Sorry for the rant.

Just seen his name bandied about and it scares me to death that Lerner and Co. might actually consider him as a legitimate target.

Jol, Zola, Klinsmann.

Just seen his name bandied about and it scares me to death that Lerner and Co. might actually consider him as a legitimate target.

You do him a disservice to belittle his impact for the German national side.

The DFB wanted him to stay, as did the vast majority of German supporters. What does that tell you?

Loew stopping on was very much the next best option. But kudos to him for what he has done since.

Klinsmann would be the most high profile of all the candidates listed, and if we were looking to go that route -to improve our global image and so forth- the appointment would make sense.

If nothing else, think of the help he could give forwards like Gabby and The Fonz re movement and positioning (and diving). He has also been in the game long enough to have sufficient contacts to bridge any knowledge gaps he might have. Loew was his choice as an assistant, don't forget. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that he might appoint a very capable coaching staff to cover the things he is not so hot at.

It's going to be incredibly difficult to get someone in who is as good as O'Neill.

Martin Jol for me is the number one candidate because by all accounts he wants to come back to England and we're definitely big enough for him.

Jol, Zola, Klinsmann.

You do him a disservice to belittle his impact for the German national side.

The DFB wanted him to stay, as did the vast majority of German supporters. What does that tell you?

Loew stopping on was very much the next best option. But kudos to him for what he has done since.

Klinsmann would be the most high profile of all the candidates listed, and if we were looking to go that route -to improve our global image and so forth- the appointment would make sense.

If nothing else, think of the help he could give forwards like Gabby and The Fonz re movement and positioning (and diving). He has also been in the game long enough to have sufficient contacts to bridge any knowledge gaps he might have. Loew was his choice as an assistant, don't forget. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that he might appoint a very capable coaching staff to cover the things he is not so hot at.

I think there are some managers that are better at international management than club management, Klinsmann being one of them.

It's going to be incredibly difficult to get someone in who is as good as O'Neill.

Martin Jol for me is the number one candidate because by all accounts he wants to come back to England and we're definitely big enough for him.

It's going to be incredibly difficult to get someone in who is as much of an egomaniacal, stubborn, self-serving, word removed as O'Neill.