Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eriksson would appeal to Randy Lerner because of his understated diplomatic style, rather than the engaging and bloody-minded Martin Jol

yeah Pat Murphy and also the fact Eriksson always negotiates a passive annual salary and ensures if he gets sacked his pay off is **** beyond ridiculous.

We need someone who can "get a hold on" the players from day one. A manager who is respected by the players.

We have a good squad and MON leaving gives us a chance to use it! L. Young, Reo, Beye and Davis will see this as a new chance - so if they start producing we really don't need to many players - especially if we get Ireland.

hoever comes in can keep us around.

I always said that when MON left i was confident randy would bring in a good manager to replace him, with this though all i can see is MON walking because of lack of funds and if thats the case then i'm not sure i do trust randy to bring in the right man.

Laughable.

How come MON is aloud to spend what he likes and then not play them?

Has Randy not got the right to question that?

He spends a fortune pay them shit loads and then we cannot get rid.

MON was given full control as he wanted and **** it up!

**** it up? Improving our points total four years in a row; trips to Wembley; our highest scoring season in 30 years; our highest Premiership points total for a 38 game season; beating Blues every time we played 'em...

... given how much he spent, what did you actually expect? The Premier League title?

I sincerely doubt the next chap to wear the manager's hat will please you.

I hope he does... 'cos he'll have done pretty darn well.

Villa at this stage need a high profile name that the players will respect and will be able to attract high profile players, prem experience is important too so for me it has to be Jol or Moyes but I think both are out of reach for various reasons. Would be crazy to go for klinsman(flopped at only club job)or Bilic, Zola etc.,

I always said that when MON left i was confident randy would bring in a good manager to replace him, with this though all i can see is MON walking because of lack of funds and if thats the case then i'm not sure i do trust randy to bring in the right man.

Laughable.

**** it up? Improving our points total four years in a row; trips to Wembley; our highest scoring season in 30 years; our highest Premiership points total for a 38 game season; beating Blues every time we played 'em...

... given how much he spent, what did you actually expect? The Premier League title?

3rd.

Sky sports said after Man City and Chelsea.. Villa and Tottenham were equal 3rd in season spending. Man Utd Liverpool and Arsenal all below. (Man Utd obviously due to Ronaldo leaving) but nonetheless.. he signed him and sold him and still made the profit.

Laughable.

3rd.

Sky sports said after Man City and Chelsea.. Villa and Tottenham were equal 3rd in season spending. Man Utd Liverpool and Arsenal all below. (Man Utd obviously due to Ronaldo leaving) but nonetheless.. he signed him and sold him and still made the profit.

If we factor in the 30 million quid for Milner, I bet we'll drop down to about 12th or something.

And you expected us to finish above Man Utd last season? Ok, let's shoot O'Neill for not making that happen.

Laughable.

3rd.

But our starting squad before his spending was very, very poor. Luke Moore, Ridgewell, Hughes, McCann, Sorensen. No wonder he had to spend so much...

Laughable.

3rd.

But our starting squad before his spending was very, very poor. Luke Moore, Ridgewell, Hughes, McCann, Sorensen. No wonder he had to spend so much...

May be true. But i was just answering the above question.

Those averages were over a 4 year period though.

Laughable.

3rd.

May be true. But i was just answering the above question.

Those averages were over a 4 year period though.

... and the question was: "What did you expect?"

You put 3rd. You expected us to finish 3rd given our outlay over four years starting with the 05-06 squad?