Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there are a lot of managers I would be happy with but only a few at this juncture in this time that are realistic targets.

Bilic or Kilnsmann I think are the two obvious candidates at the moment.

Both are very good technically minded managers that are relatively young and ambitious, both get teams playing exciting creative football too. Both though have no experience managing in the premier league and relatively little managerial experience overall, especially at club level. I think however that is the type of gamble we need to take at the moment, most of the managers that have previously managed in the premier league are either taken, or we wouldn't want them anyway, and it would be very hard to get a big manager in at the present time.

I think either of the above would be a good choice for us and be able to take us forward. I think Randy will want a more progressive and modern manager in place that can take the club forward in line with his business plan. MON was just too old school and "Clough" like in his approach to management. From transfer dealings, to squad rotation, youth development and the style of football we play. We need someone then that can get better signings, utilise the squad better, bring the youth through and have a more developmental approach with them, and get us playing better football. Oh and of course, get results and improve us!

Not an easy job, but who ever comes in has an extremely solid base with which to work. Randy and MON have done a great job over the last few years , on and off the field, but we've now hit a wall. In that situation MON had to go, he could no longer operate within the framework of the club, and more importantly, the club could no longer operate with him at the managerial helm.

This then is where Randy Lerner really has to show his metal, the decisions about who we get as our next manager, and which players come and go in the next few weeks will determine the direction we take for the next few years and could be the defining point of his ownership of the club.

As a few others have mentioned, I can't help but think that it's going to be Klinsmann though, he seems to tick all the boxes.

Jurgen Klinsman is useless, he didnt't even manage Germany, the team ran itself!!!

Are only decent option is Martin Jol end of!! Plays nice football and has lots of Premiership experience!!

But Jol is not an option unfortunately.

Curbishley is favourite on some betting sites. Cheap, shite, would work well in a burger joint.

made me laugh out loud.

scary thought though, curbs.

I hope to dream tonight of Jol & signing Suarez, and not have nightmares of Curbishley & C.Cole. I guess at least something has finally happenend this summer that could be of hope, A start of a new era is upon us-hopefully ! **** off gary megson as well

I want someone who doesn't seem to have been mentioned - Glenn Hoddle. He might have his unconventional views, but the fact is that he gets teams playing good football and is more adventurous tactically than many managers out there. He's been there, done it - just what we need.

He might even have a few youngsters from his academy that we could have for nothing - that would please the board no doubt.

Is this a joke? Just ask Wolves fans what they think of Hoddle.