Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Bradley:- Unproven, no record to show and only managed in the US. We're a team chasing European places, if he comes to England we're not the level of club he deserves right now.

Curbishley:- A boring appointment, who would settle the club but nothing more.

Eriksson:- Poor man manager and signs players on massive wages, isn't that what we want to stop?

Jol:- No chance he'll be leaving Ajax this season after the Fulham incident.

Klinsmann:- A poor manager, I don't understand why he gets his name called, he flopped a Bayern and lives off his reputation of guiding Germany to a semi final on home soil, he wasn't even manager anyway, he had a joint role with Low.

Bilic:- See Bradley, but probably a better reputation.

Hitzfeld:- Would be a good appointment, but could we lure him? Also if fans want offensive football he isn't the man.

Just there the front runners aren't exactly people who fill me with optimism. A very worrying situation, if anyone I'd take Moyes, Pellegrini, Aguirre or a manager having some success in the Championship/League One. Although the first three options would be very unlikely.

So, the best option for me would be to give McDonald a chance, of course he's inexperienced himself, but he knows the club in and out and may give the likes of Albrighton and Delfouneso a chance. If it shows early signs of not working, we can get someone in January or next summer where better options may be available. That is if McDonald would be interested in taking the chance.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we could get Jol then he would be my choice but that's unlikely (unless they don't qualify for the Champions League maybe).

Pickings are slim at the moment. Hitzfeld would be fantastic but is he a realistic target? Bilic or Bradley maybe.

Bob Bradley tipped for Aston VillaPremium Article !Your account has been frozen. For your available options click the below button.

Options

Premium Article !To read this article in full you must have registered and have a Premium Content Subscription with the The Scotsman site.

Subscribe

Registered Article !To read this article in full you must be registered with the site.

Sign InRegister

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryPublished Date: 10 August 2010

BOB Bradley has been slashed to 5-1 from 20-1, to succeed Martin O'Neill at Aston Villa, according to Ladbrokes.

The US coach - who may particularly appeal to Villa's American owner Randy Lerner - has dominated the market since the Ulsterman's departure and is joint second favourite behind Sven-Goran Eriksson 7-2. Ladbrokes spokesman Nick Weinberg said: "Punters are assuming that Randy Lerner will look back across the pond to find O'Neill's replacement. Bradley is the only man being backed."

Martin Jol is priced at 10-1, with Alex McLeish 16-1

Please Not Bob either!

Moyes would be my first choice as he is a rare mix of dogged and inspirational, as well as being prepared to use the kids in a very controlled way. Everton would either have to be mad or desperately short of cash to even talk to us about the possibility. So Jol would be my other choice as a safe pair of hands. Despite what Ajax told Fulham' it really is about money as far as their concerned imo.

Not an American owner and an American Manager,that would be too strange for my taste

That's probably how most feel which is probably why Bradley's not really a "true" option but rather a good piece of gossip and speculation.

Personally, I prefer Klinsmann.

I really don't see any American coach ever getting a warm welcome in England but as far as Bradley is concerned I'll give him his "propers" as we say here in the States. That US team in the WC had very limited overall talent but that team fought to the finish of each match. That's a quality of Bradley's personality that he imprinted on that squad and he is a good tactical coach...he just doesn't have the number of world class players at his disposal that many other quality international teams have.

But for those calling him a "joke" that dismissive label has no merit, imo.