Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Frank Rijkaard.

1) Took an underachieving Barcelona side and made it into the great team we see today.

2) Believes in the team rather than individual stars.

3) A great believer in the youth system

4) A winner (lets face it, his record pisses on MON's!)

5) Got 1 year left at Galatasaray, and would probably love the chance to manage in the Prem. They finished 3rd last year, missing out on the Champs Lge and are probably in the same round of the Europa Lge as we are.

6) Gobbed in Rudi Voeller's mullet !

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jurgen Klinsman, already put my hard earned cash on it.

Just before Randy came to Villa the word on the street was he wanted Jurgen to be the Villa boss.

This!

RL did want Klinsmann originally but he had already committed to something in the US. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Klinsmann was appointed Villa manager. I am not sure as to what he could achieve but I do know that he is a respected man in the world of football and he might be able to attract the kind of player that we apparently struggled to get under MON's management.

I agree with a few others who think that the next appointment will show what RL has in store for us. If he brings in someone small time then we will all be wondering what happened to the dream of CL. However, if he does bring in someone big, we will all be excited again for the season ahead.

Who's to say that a big name won't come in and be given the money from the Milner sale plus another £10m? I am sure that RL looks at our bench and sees around £40m worth of players in L Young, Shorey, Sidwell, NRC, Davies and Delph and thinks to himself "I am sure i could have gotten more for my money than that lot". How many of us have questioned MON's tactics in the transfer market over the 4 years? Successful or not, we have questioned a lot of his buys. I wouldn't be at all surprised if RL got pissed off with him as well and that's why he decided not to give him any more money. Telling MON that HE has to sell before he buys is one thing. Getting a new manager and giving him the chance to purchase quality is another matter altogether.

Avram Grant. That would be my choice of managers that have not been spoken about yet

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

Apart from the fact he has joined west ham earlier in the summer ?

Haha, might be a small stumbling block :P

There are few managers available that generally excite me at the moment. But i'd take Bilic Klinsman or Rijkaard anyday of the week. Big names to attract big players (in theory).

Time will tell!

Havnt managers gone the same way as captains anyway? I mean if one chairman can afford to buy better players than another chairmen then thier team will finish the higher who cares who hands out the oranges..

Mon was so right when he went on about performance related pay.. Just have half the wages on a win bonus and see the standards improve.

I am sure that RL looks at our bench and sees around £40m worth of players in L Young, Shorey, Sidwell, NRC, Davies and Delph and thinks to himself "I am sure i could have gotten more for my money than that lot". How many of us have questioned MON's tactics in the transfer market over the 4 years? Successful or not, we have questioned a lot of his buys. I wouldn't be at all surprised if RL got pissed off with him as well and that's why he decided not to give him any more money.

"Nail Head on Hit the"

Not that he will be, but I would like Bob Bradley, has the tactical smarts, not some big time charlie, look at what he has done with the US team considering the squad he has. I won't be as excited as when we got MON but of the names being banded around, he is my pick (if we keep the current backroom staff) he will create a solid Team.

It certainly won't be Jol as he has clearly stated that he is not prepared to go to court with Ajax in order to leave. When he was approached by Fulham he was not happy about the Ajax squad and the fact that they would sell off a few players in order to lower the wages the club was paying (sounds familiar). So even if he was prepared to go to court in order to join us, he still wouldn't be able to sign any new players for us. So, I suppose it will be Curbishley. Can he push us on beyond what MON has done?

Jol isn't unobtainable, it's just a question of compensation. The positives for Jol are that he knows the english game back to front, and all the players that he has coached appear to like him a lot. His brand of football is good to watch and he doesn't appear to have an ego.

Sven is another manager who is liked and respected by his players, but he comes at a price.