Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

The Chairman's in Europe at the moment (not Milan), so points away from anything imminent going on with Moyes or McLeish.

Ah, narrow it down please :)

The buzz new escape of the rich and famous of Europe of the last couple of years.

A bit cheaper than Monaco.

Fecker :)

Sardinia?

Sandbanks innit! he's gone to speak to twitching 'arry!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echo has ruled DM out of moving here.

A bit of hopeful journalism though:

The Scot has repeatedly insisted that he understands the financial constraints he has to work under at Goodison Park, but would anyway be unlikely to succeed a manager who left his job at Villa due to his own problems with availability of funds.

So they know why our previous manager left :winkold:

if KM does get the job, the first thing randy should do is give him a bollocking, if he would have chucked his hat into the ring 2 weeks ago we might be actually signing some players today rather than talking about who is manager.

You obviously don't understand what jumping the gun means...

Silly post.

What is with all the hoo har about us getting Moyes from the majority of fans?

What has he ever achieved at Everton that is worth shouting about let alone giving him the Villa job?

Okay yes the man can work on a shoe string and perform miracles for so long but i thought we as a club had past that stage of needing a manager like that now as to where we have come over the last 4 years and continuing where we want to go.

The new manager who comes in has got a brilliant foundation already in place to work with and build on and I would have been expecting a higher profile manager than Moyes.

A manager who has achieved something in the game already to carry on taking us to that next stage.

For me Moyes does not fit that bill and for that reason I'm out.

he got 4th, something MoN never did, and he did it with bugger all money.

Give him and the scouts £30m next summer and see what happens.

True he did, but that was a one off and i have not seen them repeat it since and would be even harder to do so now with Man Shitty ruining things.

And 30m next summer to buy what? shite like Saha, Felaini etc?

Sorry but we already had a manager that did that with players like beye, sidwell, heskey etc.

Saha if he was fit would have been a brilliant striker. Injury prevented him from staying at United. Moyes took a gamble on him recovering and playing more games.

He's certainly a better finisher than anything we have. But I wouldn't want him here though due to injury.

United gambled on Nistelrooys knee and that paid off.

Moyes hasn't had a huge amount of money to spend and if it wasn't for their poor start last season they would have nabbed us to 6th last year.

Moyes is a top manager.

Come on mate, fellani is a good player. Love him here, he'd walk into our team.

Point taken but not many Eveton players would!

I agree For every saha theres a heskey and for every cahill theres a Ash young etc.

keeping on topic, i just don't see what Moyes could offer and to warrant why it has taken so long and left to late to appoint him if it was to be him!

It is an improvment on some of the names like Mcleish, Curbs, Allerdyce, Bradley that are being mentioned, but i think we need to look a wee bit higher like we have been and look to targetp people like Jol etc.

With all due respect to Mac thanks for steadying the ship, thanks but no thanks imo. He's shown he hasn't got the ability to cut it at this level, and we can't really afford to take the risk. Bring in Sven if we can't get our first choice who is supposedly already at a club.

Mac's games so far :

West Ham (H) Superb performance, but Milner ran the show

Rapid (A) Decent enough performance, bit lucky to secure draw

Newcastle (A) Disaster, crazy team selection. Woeful lack of effort

Rapid (H) Not great. Not as bad as some said.

Everton (H) 100% effort and graft, but extremely fortunate to win. Would we have won if we'd played with the original 11 selected ?. Doubt it.

They can get **** if they appoint MacDonald as a manager. It'll confirm all the bluster talked in the last few days, including the statement on the website was complete bullshit.

agree completely.

i hope they read these boards as i would say 90% of villa fans dontw ant mac, and if they dont want him from day one then what does the future hold?

after mon left and milner going they nedd to install confidence in teh direction of the club and ifs it k-mac then they wont be doing it.

also that statement would be absolute bollocks

I think KMac knows he won't get it, but has tasted the big time and wants more of it. So by interviewing for the role, he is now moving into upper management circles. This just could be a move from him to alert Championship clubs to a new direction he's prepared to take? Would be a shame to lose him from the reserves, but I can't help but feel that he might want to move up from the reserves level now.

Everton players i'd love to have in our squad

Rodwell

Arteta

Fellani

Cahill

Jagielka

Pienaar

and if you asked Everton fans how many of our players they'd want. I bet it wouldn't be any more than that!

OK, I know very few will agree with me but I would give it to Kev Mac and bring in a Director of Football.

If we could get someone like Jol I would be happier, but I definitely would not give it to Sven, Curbishley, Southgate, Allardyce and all those other losers and has-beens

As I said on Sunday, I was told by someone who would definitely know, that the job was Kevin's if he wanted it. So the statement yesterday threw the cat among the pigeons setting PL experience as a base criteria. I still think he may get it. If he does, he will need the backing of the fans not all the vitriol that I have heard spouted recently. He was on a hiding to nothing when he took over as caretaker and was let down badly by the players against Rapid and Newcastle. Their do or die performance on Sunday was for him.

Come on mate, fellani is a good player. Love him here, he'd walk into our team.

I agree For every saha theres a heskey and for every cahill theres a Ash young etc.

keeping on topic, i just don't see what Moyes could offer and to warrant why it has taken so long and left to late to appoint him if it was to be him!

It is an improvment on some of the names like Mcleish, Curbs, Allerdyce, Bradley that are being mentioned, but i think we need to look a wee bit higher like we have been and look to targetp people like Jol etc.

I agree with you there mate, He just doesnt give me that buzz or make me think he can take us forward......and I dont know if we could attract a manager that could.