Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I don't get it why some are so sure that just because KM has said he would take the job means he'll get it? Nothing from the board says he's top of their list, not even close.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are to spend our "transfer budget" on compensation for a new manager then either it is a bloody expensive manager (16M from Milner I am guessing is our budget) or it is a bloody small budget!

Mate, believe me, he as got the job....there are to many factors pointing in his direction, not to mention his current realtionship with the board.

What even though it goes against everything the General said we were looking for in the next manager?

What is with all the hoo har about us getting Moyes from the majority of fans?

What has he ever achieved at Everton that is worth shouting about let alone giving him the Villa job?

Okay yes the man can work on a shoe string and perform miracles for so long but i thought we as a club had past that stage of needing a manager like that now as to where we have come over the last 4 years and continuing where we want to go.

The new manager who comes in has got a brilliant foundation already in place to work with and build on and I would have been expecting a higher profile manager than Moyes.

A manager who has achieved something in the game already to carry on taking us to that next stage.

For me Moyes does not fit that bill and for that reason I'm out.

he got 4th, something MoN never did, and he did it with bugger all money.

Give him and the scouts £30m next summer and see what happens.

True he did, but that was a one off and i have not seen them repeat it since and would be even harder to do so now with Man Shitty ruining things.

And 30m next summer to buy what? shite like Saha, Felaini etc?

Sorry but we already had a manager that did that with players like beye, sidwell, heskey etc.

Mate, believe me, he as got the job....there are to many factors pointing in his direction, not to mention his current realtionship with the board.

i say we close the thread!

You must be mad, really... We have just started the search and the intervjues. So, relax. I bet you that KMAC is not Lerners first choice.

If we are to spend our "transfer budget" on compensation for a new manager then either it is a bloody expensive manager (16M from Milner I am guessing is our budget) or it is a bloody small budget!

I quite like the Irony in all of this.

Board use funds from Milner sale to bring in new manager who resigned over the board's apparent reluctance to release said funds into transfer kitty.

That kind of 'shite' would walk into our side. Fellani or NRC/Petrov ?

No brainer!

Saha or Heskey (and maybe even Carew) ???

Come on lad. Get real

You must be mad, really... We have just started the search and the intervjues. So, relax. I bet you that KMAC is not Lerners first choice.

I agree he may not be the first choice, but look at it from this perspective....He knows the players, staff and board...he understands the way the club operates. Now, the advertisement for the job KM covers, except premier league experience.

Let's face it the club would not really have to increase his wages and they wont be paying compensation to another club. Sorry, there are just way to many positives for him not to be turned down.

Ill be pretty pissed off if its KM or Sven, KM would piss me off because he isn't good enough and the appointment of Sven or someone who isn't in a job would be annoying because we could of got them in last week, and maybe we would be looking at new signings today

Valid point and a good one.

I agree it is all eyes on Mr Lerner to pull a rabbit out of a hat so late on and appoint a good enough manager.

I feel if we don't and we land up with someone like curbishley which could have been done ages ago and giving time to sign players then i feel there might be a slight backlash from fans and expose the fact it was a plan to do this so we didn't have to spend.

Only a high profile manager being appointed might just appease the fans from coming to this reaction.

In Randy and Villa we trust!

I'd imagine part of the Milner money will be used to help the wages, as we haven't managed to get some of the big earner off that MON was not using.

They might however become decent members of the squad under a new manager so all balances out in the end...

I agree he may not be the first choice, but look at it from this perspective....He knows the players, staff and board...he understands the way the club operates. Now, the advertisement for the job KM covers, except premier league experience.

Let's face it the club would not really have to increase his wages and they wont be paying compensation to another club. Sorry, there are just way to many positives for him not to be turned down.

So why isnt he the manmager already then with deadline day to work with? I'm afraid your doing the 2+ 2 = 5 thing.

Its pretty obvious that it isnt kmac.

No brainer!

Come on lad. Get real

I wouldn't say it is about 'getting real' as you put it, and i do not want to start going into player comparisions or would will start going round in circles!

But to answer your suggestions mentioned yes i would rather have Stan over Felani.

As for Heskey or Saha that cannot come into comparison, one spends more time in the physio room and the other just as much on the floor!

Saha or Carew. Yes thats a no brainer right there! Carew all day long.

You can't get any more real than that!

KMAC obviously wanted the job all along but dithered too much to instil a great deal of confidence. Nice guy, but on reflection we need someone with more passion and ambition. But, will Randy recognise that....?

Got a feeling some hopes are going to get crushed here?

No brainer!

Come on lad. Get real

I wouldn't say it is about 'getting real' as you put it, and i do not want to start going into player comparisions or would will start going round in circles!

But to answer your suggestions mentioned yes i would rather have Stan over Felani.

As for Heskey or Saha that cannot come into comparison, one spends more time in the physio room and the other just as much on the floor!

Saha or Carew. Yes thats a no brainer right there! Carew all day long.

You can't get any more real than that!

Come on mate, fellani is a good player. Love him here, he'd walk into our team.