Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin Macdonald wants the villa job
Apparently. Personally I don't think he'll get it. Not enough Premier League experience. There's always a chance though I guess.

its breaking news on SSN at the moment

Trust me after the statement released the board have already ruled him out.

As they are looking for someone with prem experience K mac has none. It wont be moyes unless piennar and rodwell get sold.

I still think sven is gunna take the hotseat.

This does not fit either of the criteria of PF's statement. 1) Premier League Experience - KM has 3 games. 2) Must be able to get the most out of the current squad. I wouldn't call a battering at Newcastle, a home defeat to Vienna and a lucky 1-0 against Everton getting the most out of the squad. And he really rates Heskey.

If KM is made manager PF's statement is pretty much a big lie.

http://tinyurl.com/2w6dlzq

Villa to spend transfer budget on compensation for new manager

Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner is ready to spend the club's untouched transfer cash on compensation for a new manager.

The window is set to shut today without Villa paying money for anyone this summer.

Their only arrival has been Stephen Ireland joining from Man City in part-exchange for James Milner and £16million.

Lerner decided against sanctioning any of caretaker Kevin MacDonald's suggested purchases as he is unlikely to become Martin O'Neill's successor.

MacDonald, 49, will be granted an interview after steering Villa to two wins from his five games in charge.

But Lerner wants to appoint a new manager with plenty of Premier League experience.

He is also willing to poach his preferred candidate from a rival top-flight club if necessary.

And neighbouring Birmingham manager Alex McLeish is even under consideration.

Villa officials have sounded out former colleagues of McLeish about his managerial style and credentials after being impressed by his work at St Andrews.

McLeish has not yet signed a new contract at Brum and can be bought out of his existing rolling 12-months terms for £1m.

But ambitious McLeish knows a move across the Second City will provoke uproar from fans and would be reluctant to quit for Villa.

Everton's David Moyes, Blackburn's Sam Allardyce and Fulham's Mark Hughes are other options under consideration.

Kevin MacDonald has confirmed he wishes to be considered for the job of Aston Villa manager.

He will be interviewed along with other candiates.

Kevin stepped into the breach on the day that former manager Martin O'Neill resigned earlier this month, to take up the reigns in a caretaker capacity.

Under his stewardship the claret and blues have recorded two wins from their first three Barclays Premier League games and currently occupy fourth spot.

offical site

Kevin MacDonald has confirmed he wishes to be considered for the job of Aston Villa manager.

He will be interviewed along with other candiates.

Kevin stepped into the breach on the day that former manager Martin O'Neill resigned earlier this month, to take up the reigns in a caretaker capacity.

Under his stewardship the claret and blues have recorded two wins from their first three Barclays Premier League games and currently occupy fourth spot.

offical site

Hmm, i'd hope we get moyes/sven or something and get KvM working alongside him or something...defiently don't want him to take the position as a full time lone manager. He will be defiently considered imo espicially as the players love him.

I'll be feeling depressed if KM is given the job, I believe he will bring in people like Steve Staunton to help, truly depressing vision for the club.

Mate, believe me, he as got the job....there are to many factors pointing in his direction, not to mention his current realtionship with the board.

i say we close the thread!