Barry Bannan

villianusa

Bannan vs Mata.

I don't know where to begin with that. You cannot honestly draw comparison. It's completely asinine.

One is Crystal Palaces 4th best player as voted for in some random online poll, the other is, well, not Barry Bannan.

This is my last post in this thread. Good luck all.

• Like 2

I genuinely worry that fans of other teams will stumble upon this thread and take Con's view as representative of normal, sane Villa fans.

Can we put a disclaimer on every page?

• Like 1

I keep saying it, it's not a wind up. You're trolling yourselves and apparently you think that's fun. 

In fact, if we get an ACM in before the end of the window I might even change my icon from the Bannan-Clark one. 

Selling Bannan we sold a potential ACM. We didn't even try him in that role. Get a new one even if Bannan goes on to prove much better than you give him credit for it won't matter.

I keep saying it, it's not a wind up. You're trolling yourselves and apparently you think that's fun. 

In fact, if we get an ACM in before the end of the window I might even change my icon from the Bannan-Clark one. 

Selling Bannan we sold a potential ACM. We didn't even try him in that role. Get a new one even if Bannan goes on to prove much better than you give him credit for it won't matter.

Bannan is a poor player though. Ideally we don't want any poor players in our best 11.

Saw this on Football 365 today Con and thought of you. It's an article about "Top 10 imports that they'd love to see in the league "

2) Toni Kroos
Upside: Described as the 'future of playmaking'. A dynamic, hardworking midfielder with the quality and confidence to act as the principal creator in the attacking third, but also retaining the discipline and physical strength to contribute defensively. A 96% pass accuracy in the Champions League this season. At 24, potentially the best midfielder in the world in three years' time should Barry Bannan's progress tail off  :D

If Kroos is related to Bannan then Con will be related to Kroos. As such the guy will be amazing.

If there is no relation then obviously although his pass rate is good his key pass success rate is very poor and he is no Bannan.

Edited by AstonMartin82

One thing I will say, the discussion on Juan Mata has also got me thinking that Bannan's game might not be where the league is heading.

Mata has 2 assists in 13 appearances. Bannan has 1 goal and 1 assist in 13 games. Mata has 14 tackles, Bannan 13. Neither are strong at the high press.

I am beginning to think they would both be better off in Spain, but there is still the rest of the season to go before I make my mind up on this.

It's because football is about more than stats.

We've been telling you this for over a year. I genuinely don't think you watch football. You just fire up whoscored.com after every game and base your opinion on that.

url-71.gif

"I don't even see the code"

According to whoscored 

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Edited by StefanAVFC

Palace win again. Bannan doesn't play again.

What were you saying about win rates last season Con? The most important stat in the world isn't it?

Bannan does have a high win rate but to be fair Pulis has found a way to get grubby victories without him. Five 1-0 wins to be precise, although at least two of those was with Bannan.

It's a team sport. This system depends on strong defence. If they get found out and start conceding regularlt they'll need to field more talented players again.

In that I include Johnny Williams as well as Bannan.