Barry Bannan

villianusa

No, you fool. He meant to scuff it. Part of his elaborate plan, innit? He's so skilled he pretends to be shit to level the playing field. He can't help if his quality occasionally appears in the form of a simple five yard pass or scuffed corner.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 4

Two terrible corners... both of them scuffed and bouncing before it gets into the danger area. Uwe Rosler must be fuming about that goal... they had so many chances to clear the danger.

Any decent team would have defended these with no issues at all and is probably why Bannan fails at the Premier League level... his crosses are far to easy to defend against.

I think you will find that they were vicious, but in a subtle way so that only a trained eye can see quite how vicious they were.

He must have also known that the first defender each time is going to completely fluff the clearance... a clearance you would expect school boys to make.

I think you will find that they were vicious, but in a subtle way so that only a trained eye can see quite how vicious they were.

He must have also known that the first defender each time is going to completely fluff the clearance... a clearance you would expect school boys to make.

Obviously, you could tell by the way that their arms moved.

Type of set play is usually decided on by the manager/coach.

It's not a coincidence that two of Bannan's corners were the exact same style.

They were not miss-hit either. They had pace. Too much pace on them for a scuff. 

Pulis: "Stop doing those *ucking ridiculous, pointless backwards spinny things on your corners you tw@t."

Bannan: "Aye boss"

Next game Bannan does more of the stupid pointless backward spinny things.

Pulis: "Holloway told me he bought you because of you're world class into the net. You played my first few games and I was like WTF was Ian going on about! I called him again and listened properly...he actually said "you're world class ON the net" and LOL'd. Apparently there is some wind up merchant online trying to trick thousands of people online. But we paid 2 bob for you now so I'm going to give you a run out in our cup games because we need to save a bit of face and we don't give a shit about the cup."

Next Cup game Palace get a corner.

Bannan has no idea what to do as he has never kicked a ball without backspin loft so tries something new... and skuffs it. TWICE!

He wasn't played further forward in our team and he was getting a lot of key passes.

Anyway it's pretty unbelievable how he gets an assist and he still doesn't shut up his critics, and don't blame me for replying to this thread. I'm not bumping it, just replying to your comments. 

You think that 1 assist (which wasn't an assist in mine and pretty much everyone else's book) against a poor Championship team where the defenders had about 15 chances to clear the ball answers 2 years of statements saying he is world class and will end up playing for the Champions?

Delusion of the highest magnitude.

Edited by AstonMartin82
  • Like 3

I've not been saying he is world class for two years. I've been both critical as well as complimentary of Bannan's play and come to a balanced and fair conclusion to his abilities. That is currently that he is under-rated in the extreme not that he is world class.

On the other hand some of Bannan's critics have taken too many lessons in critical analysis from Salvador Dali. You are exaggerating my position to try and score a point to a ridiculous extent. Saying things like "the defence had 15 chances to clear the ball." It's surreal!

One thing I will say, the discussion on Juan Mata has also got me thinking that Bannan's game might not be where the league is heading.

Mata has 2 assists in 13 appearances. Bannan has 1 goal and 1 assist in 13 games. Mata has 14 tackles, Bannan 13. Neither are strong at the high press.

I am beginning to think they would both be better off in Spain, but there is still the rest of the season to go before I make my mind up on this.

Edited by Con

If you really aren't trolling you'd be better off just admitting you were wrong on this one. Bannan had potential to be a good midfielder but hasn't lived up to it. For the majority of games he just doesn't offer enough to the team. 

If you really aren't trolling you'd be better off just admitting you were wrong on this one. Bannan had potential to be a good midfielder but hasn't lived up to it. For the majority of games he just doesn't offer enough to the team. 

I've never claimed he offered anything defensively. 

I'm not wrong. He could easily have had more goals and assists this season. 

He's got the footballing ability. Crystal Palace supporters agree he has been good. He's got a goal and two assists - more than £37 million Juan Mata.

There is no case to answer.

However, it is possible that the general style of football in the Premier League now prohibits use of the luxury player - which if that includes Bannan will also include the likes of Juan Mata.  

That's something I'm just learning about. This is no disrespect to Bannan's footballing ability, but if coaches want all players who are not strikers to pitch in defensively, then Bannan's not going to be in the starting XI.

I've not been saying he is world class for two years. I've been both critical as well as complimentary of Bannan's play and come to a balanced and fair conclusion to his abilities. That is currently that he is under-rated in the extreme not that he is world class.

On the other hand some of Bannan's critics have taken too many lessons in critical analysis from Salvador Dali. You are exaggerating my position to try and score a point to a ridiculous extent. Saying things like "the defence had 15 chances to clear the ball." It's surreal!

Could you point your arm at where this is said?

P.S, yes it is sarcasm.

Edited by dodgyknees