Barry Bannan

villianusa

Or maybe, just maybe - since Bannan is surely on low wages by Premier League standards - Crystal Palace were reluctant to give away too cheaply to a team just a single point higher than them in the league?

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins said "Today we looked at Barry Bannan but I don't think any deal was possible."

Was possible. It sounds like he is saying they realised it probably wasn't going to happen before they made the enquiry.

They realised it was impossible before they tried? They still tried anyway? They really are idiots then, eh?

I don't think Bannan is on particularly low wages either. He was on £20k/wk + here for some reason.

Palace not wanting to loan to a relegation rival is very plausible, but surely that contradicts your assertion that it was fan power stopping the loan.

Edited by ArteSuave

I've said before I'm related to Mr Bannan. My grandad praises him to the same levels con does. I don't have the heart to tell my grandad what I really think of wee Barry

Maybe your grandad is right?

I'm only posting replies when I'm virtually begged to. I've already said I'll drop this until he next plays.

Edit: Let's agree to disagree and not say anything more at least until he plays again (which might not be at all this season)?

Edited by Con

Palace, a team who have been in the championship for god knows how many years, yeah.. they will know true quality.

Let's face it, they have had world class talent like Shaun Derry in their line up over the past few years, so they will certainly understand the talent of Bannan.

Bannan benched once again and with only 1 of their deadline day signings in the squad today (Hennessey the new goalie) it is likely to be the last time Bannan even makes the bench.

His season at Palace is almost identical to his last season at Villa.

World Class at anything? Very obviously not.

• Like 2

His crossing percentage is still up with the very best again this season. 35% I believe and 50% when he came on today.

He has his strengths.

Con I was just wondering

Do you think it is weird that you're the only person, both from spectator and professional perspectives, that believes in the stuff you say about him?

His crossing percentage is still up with the very best again this season. 35% I believe and 50% when he came on today.

He has his strengths.

Con I was just wondering

Do you think it is weird that you're the only person, both from spectator and professional perspectives, that believes in the stuff you say about him?

Funny thing is, I'm not the only one, I'm one of many. It is incredible how you ignore the popularity Bannan has gained at Palace this season to continue the narrative I'm out on my own, ploughing a lone furrow suggesting Bannan is a good player.

Here, read this. Just typed Bannan into twitter and these are the first replies. (Bet you ignore this though)

1. When bannan came on we looked much better, next week id start him along with ince and ledley for KG and Puncheon.

2. @kevintasteph You're right and I'm pleased Bannan stayed on here, him & Gayle give us that option coming off the bench.

3. Bannan's shot goes just goes over the bar. Palace finding a few holes here.

4. Bannan should be starting every week. Proper player #cpfc

you're wrong anyway. he was starting games until April last year.

jsvB72H4YhUfd.png

We sold him, I'm pretty sure that is the epitome of 'falling out of favour'..

I tip my hat though, you whip these things up very quickly - either that or you have them stockpiled.

Edited by samjp26