Barry Bannan

villianusa

Con, you consistently pointed out Villa were better with him in the side. Now that someone pointed out that Palace are better without him, you (correctly) admitted that there are way more factors than one player that go into this. Which totally invalidates the points you made last year.

Also, I've shown already in this thread that Villa's best form period during the 12/13 season occurred with Bannan in the team and that the up-tick in form toward then end of the season was not when Bannan was dropped - he started in two of the winning games during the late form period.

Actually, I think you have shown that Villa's best form came when Bannan was well and truly out of the squad. You know, that time that we propelled ourselves up the league table?

2vlsb3q.png

So basically red all to the 2 easiest games in the season against QPR and Reading. He played awfully in these games followed by the worst performance I've ever witnessed from any Villa player against Liverpool (where he played Suarez clean through on goal TWICE in one game) and got dropped. We then go on excellent form, only losing to top quality teams, and continue that form into this season.

Yeah, that's really proved your point!!  :D

Con, you consistently pointed out Villa were better with him in the side. Now that someone pointed out that Palace are better without him, you (correctly) admitted that there are way more factors than one player that go into this. Which totally invalidates the points you made last year.

Also, I've shown already in this thread that Villa's best form period during the 12/13 season occurred with Bannan in the team and that the up-tick in form toward then end of the season was not when Bannan was dropped - he started in two of the winning games during the late form period.

Actually, I think you have shown that Villa's best form came when Bannan was well and truly out of the squad. You know, that time that we propelled ourselves up the league table?

2vlsb3q.png

So basically red all to the 2 easiest games in the season against QPR and Reading. He played awfully in these games followed by the worst performance I've ever witnessed from any Villa player against Liverpool (where he played Suarez clean through on goal TWICE in one game) and got dropped. We then go on excellent form, only losing to top quality teams, and continue that form into this season.

Yeah, that's really proved your point!!  :D

Ding ding wrong again.

Bannan didn't play all those "red all to the 2 easiest games of the season"  i.e. the seven losses between those two boxes.

If you did your research, he started just 3 of those seven defeats. THREE/SEVEN. It looks a bad run of form and you give Barry Bannan the blame for it yet he started just three of those matches.

Unbelieve-able the way you re-write history to fit your own narrative.

Edited by Con

Dropped and we win. Simples mate. Same pattern at Palace.

Besides his shitness is backed up by all the shit performances he put in despite whether we won or lost.

The fact you want to pay £37m for Rodriguez ahead of Mata based on stats shows just how flawed your analysis on players really is.

Edited by AstonMartin82

Dropped and we win. Simples mate. Same pattern at Palace.

Besides his shitness is backed up by all the shit performances he put in despite whether we won or lost.

The fact you want to pay £37m for Rodriguez ahead of Mata based on stats shows just how flawed your analysis on players really is.

You're pretending one exists. I've proven the opposite exists in reality. Our best form was when Bannan started.

During the bad run of form Bannan was W2 D2 L3.  So even at his worst we were unbeaten in 4 out of 7. Yeah, you've really proved something!

jsvB72H4YhUfd.png

Set up a chance against Arsenal with a tackle inside the Arsenal penalty area, then a beautiful pullback at the goalline for Lallana. Mata's assist was a pass sideways to Young who scored from a long shot. I'm not doubting Mata's quality he's brilliant - not worth 37m though - but Rodriguez has a bit more to his all-round game. Also, I never said I wanted to pay £37m. The person who asked me specifically said money was no object so I disregarded price - Rodriguez is not worth £37m either.

Edited by Con

Con...

If you 'like' this post it means Jay Rodriguez from Southampton is worth £37m more so than Juan Mata from Manchester United but Barry Bannan from Crystal Palace is an average at best footballer,

If you don't 'like' this post it means Juan Mata from Manchester United is a far better player than Jay Rodriguez from Southampton and well worth the money and Barry Bannan of Crystal Palace is a world class midfielder and can win games on his own.

tumblr_l7vkzg6a3L1qdsoeoo1_400.gif

2) Toni Kroos
Upside: Described as the 'future of playmaking'. A dynamic, hardworking midfielder with the quality and confidence to act as the principal creator in the attacking third, but also retaining the discipline and physical strength to contribute defensively. A 96% pass accuracy in the Champions League this season. At 24, potentially the best midfielder in the world in three years' time should Barry Bannan's progress tail off.

Link

http://www.football365.com/topical-top-10/9136812/F365-s-Top-Ten-Imports-We-d-Like-To-See...

Con, are you Daniel Storey?

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

Exactly how Con predicted!!!

Only the Sky Sports Swansea presenter has just updated their situation... signing Middlesborough players on loan, talking about Scottish Falkirk players but not the Scottish Iniesta. Perhaps Bannan is creating the links himself?

Bannan and Yala out on loan? What? Aren't we suppose to be strengthening?! Not weakening?!#cpfc

I hope Bannan to Swansea goes ahead. Ideal environment for him given that Pulis has reverted to type and dropped him for no reason.

Really don't want Bannan to go, even on loan. He's been great for us. I want to see him play more. #CPFC

Swansea want Barry Bannan noway he can't go! #cpfc

If Bannan goes I'll be pissed! He's mustard.

Bannan is not a Pulis type player...sadly, shame as comfortably our best player first few months of the season #cpfc

If Bannan goes we riot #cpfc

1. Bannan must not go out on loan #cpfc

1. Noway should we let Barry bannan go #cpfc

2. YALA and BRUCE BANNAN heading out? Whaaaaaat?!

3. I'll be gutted if Bannan goes out on loan, my twitter bio will back that up. KEEP BARRY BANNAN AT SELHURST.

Con...

If you 'like' this post it means Jay Rodriguez from Southampton is worth £37m more so than Juan Mata from Manchester United but Barry Bannan from Crystal Palace is an average at best footballer,

If you don't 'like' this post it means Juan Mata from Manchester United is a far better player than Jay Rodriguez from Southampton and well worth the money and Barry Bannan of Crystal Palace is a world class midfielder and can win games on his own.

tumblr_l7vkzg6a3L1qdsoeoo1_400.gif

Ok Con, you posting in this thread again signifies you've made your choice.

You didn't 'like' the post so the statement you support is -

Thanks for playing Con.

On the subject of Bannan, I think Swansea will suit him much more than Palace, their style of play and footballing philosophy suits him better in my opinion, so he'll be a good squad player for them at least.