Barry Bannan

villianusa

He's not going anywhere 8pints. Wee Bannan is in his hotel room trying to muster a bit of support for him tomorrow.

Villa, Palace, Doncaster, Stevenage is his route.

Not as Con predicted: Villa, Arsenal, Man Utd, AC Milan, Barcelona.

Edited by AstonMartin82

Bannan and Yala out on loan? What? Aren't we suppose to be strengthening?! Not weakening?!#cpfc

Isa @issassin2 hrs

Swansea want Barry Bannan noway he can't go! #cpfc

Hunter @thehuntman2 hrs

Bannan is not a Pulis type player...sadly, shame as comfortably our best player first few months of the season #cpfc

Marc Smith ‏@Marcesmith3 hrs

1. Bannan must not go out on loan #cpfc

1. Noway should we let Barry bannan go #cpfc

2. YALA and BRUCE BANNAN heading out? Whaaaaaat?!

3. I'll be gutted if Bannan goes out on loan, my twitter bio will back that up. KEEP BARRY BANNAN AT SELHURST.

Swansea latest

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins on 5 live Sport: "If you look at our first team squad, it was always Michael Laudrup's decision to keep a small, close-knit squad. It's been well documented how many injuries we've had in the last six to eight weeks, but now they're all coming back to fitness. So the majority of signings we've made are for our youth team, our under-21 squad.

"There was no bid for Chico Flores today - that rumour was completely untrue.

"As things stood earlier we were trying to complete a deal for Middleborough forward Marvin Emnes - and I think that will still go through.

"Today we looked at Barry Bannan but I don't think any deal was possible." 

Edited by Con

Bannan's car has just been spotted at Villa Park... could it be the prodigal son is returning???

BfVmcCfIYAA5hLx.jpg

Con, I don't understand why you would quote your previous ridiculously lame and long post to advise of one line from Swansea chairman? You could have just written the one line, but then I guess your propaganda wouldn't have been as good would it???

One explains the other.

Palace thought with the Tom Ince loan they could get away with allowing Bannan to leave for Swansea. 

Fan power has intervened to demand he stay. No deal was possible.

Either way looks likely Bannan will be sold to Swansea in the summer.

He'll do better there if it does happen.

Absolutely, if you go way back in the thread you'll find that I did suggest Swansea.

When I wasn't suggesting Barcelona that is /sarcasm.

He'll do better there if it does happen.

Absolutely, if you go way back in the thread you'll find that I did suggest Swansea.

When I wasn't suggesting Barcelona that is /sarcasm.

I can see Bannan joining Palace now... it makes sense. And I can't wait to see the analysis on his win ratio at the end is the season.

Con, I am your nemesis. Anything you say, I prove wrong and go one better.

I can see Bannan joining Palace now... it makes sense. And I can't wait to see the analysis on his win ratio at the end is the season.

Bannan's win rate for Crystal Palace currently is 29% which is not far off the 33% (team high?) he got for villa last season. That's 4 wins for Palace, out of the 7 they have so far.

He's a proven winner in the Palace team and Pulis has to win another 2 games to prove the team can win without him.

Bannan was new so didn't start the first games under Holloway and from the POV of the Crystal Palace fan their form turned around with him in the team. Back-to-back victories against West Ham and Cardiff.

Bannan's win rate for Crystal Palace currently is 29% which is not far off the 33% (team high?) he got for villa last season. That's 4 wins for Palace, out of the 7 they have so far.

He's a proven winner in the Palace team and Pulis has to win another 2 games to prove the team can win without him.

Bannan was new so didn't start the first games under Holloway and from the POV of the Crystal Palace fan their form turned around with him in the team. Back-to-back victories against West Ham and Cardiff.

Con, Bannan could be playing for Sutton Coldfield and you would still be arguing how it is nothing to do with Bannan why he didn't fulfill his potential. This much has become clear because you just talk absolute utter shit to try to justify your inane defense of him last season. There is very little point actually entering an conversation with you because of this. The fact you have been proven wrong on every single point you have ever made on this thread and yet you still continue and are now pointing towards a handful of fans who like him as a defense is nothing short of pathetic. Do these fans that you speak of have the same knowledge as every manager that Bannan has played under? These professional managers who obviously know a lot more than the fans you are referring to have dropped Bannan. Every single one. This is not because he is as good as you say. It is because he is as bad as everyone else says.

His win rate this season is one of the worst in Crystal Palace's team. This actually means very little, but to you this stat is very important so I'll mention it.

You also know full well that Bannan's win rate last season wasn't the highest, yet you put "team high?" in to spin your post. Something you actually do in every post.

I think you actually understand that Bannan simply sucks and are too stubborn to back down in the debate and have reverted to politician tactics to keep your point going. Either that or you are an ignoramus.

Edited by AstonMartin82

Did you read the twitter comments from actual Crystal Palace fans? 

They aren't cherry picked. I just typed Bannan and those were the latest results.

He's a real fan favourite. That's no trolling, it's the truth. Get over it.

Pulis is getting results.

Bannan doesn't fit Pulis's style and isn't playing.

What am I missing?

4 of their 7 victories are with Bannan playing 80 minutes +

3 of their 7 victories are without Bannan. 

Pulis wants to develop a style that doesn't include Bannan. If he thinks that will keep Palace up and the paying supporters happy then he should do that.

Surely fan power would have gotten him in to the starting line up? Or does that only work for stopping loans?

That seems pretty pointless if the fans can stop loans out but not get the player in the team. Maybe they don't have any say in who gets loaned out after all. Maybe Swansea got their preferred targets of Fulton and Emnes...

Surely fan power would have gotten him in to the starting line up? Or does that only work for stopping loans?

That seems pretty pointless if the fans can stop loans out but not get the player in the team. Maybe they don't have any say in who gets loaned out after all. Maybe Swansea got their preferred targets of Fulton and Emnes...

Popularity with fans adds value to a player so the price Crystal Palace were offering was too high for Swansea to accept, and they were reluctant to deplete their squad by letting him go on loan.

Crystal Palace are in a very strong position. Bannan cost them £1.5m in the summer and his match-winning goal and assist has already paid that transfer fee back in the higher winning position those 6 points will give them.

Palace were probably asking for £3m transfer but Swansea only wanted a try before you buy.

Swansea may attempt a deal again in the summer when either: Palace gets relegated (unlikely); Palace fans stay up and have forgotten all about Bannan.

Surely they can't attribute all of those 6 points to Bannan when calculating his value. That would be ridiculous, only a nutter would do that. It's a team game, remember? What about Chamakh who scored the goal, surely he gets at least half of the credit? What about Jerome who assisted Bannan? Half the credit again surely?

And that's without even considering the players who earned the clean sheets. Defending isn't Bannan's job remember.