Barry Bannan

villianusa

You definitely tried to praise the pass in the gif as more than a bog standard 10 yard pass, which is ridiculous.

He wasn't referring to that. Anyway, it wasn't ridiculous. The non-playmaker would have given it straight to Weimann in space before he had got into a really dangerous position. That was the most obvious ball. Benteke was marked. The camera angle behind Bannan means we don't see Weimann in the gif. Bannan passed to a marked man knowing in advance what he'd do with the ball when he got it - pass it to Weimann in a dangerous position.

So to clarify, the pass itself was piss easy but choosing to pass it to the best player in the team stood next to him was praiseworthy? Got it.

Oh and the only way to see what an outstanding decision it was is to watch footage not it the gif? What exactly was the purpose of the gif then?

So to clarify, the pass itself was piss easy but choosing to pass it to the best player in the team stood next to him was praiseworthy? Got it.

Oh and the only way to see what an outstanding decision it was is to watch footage not it the gif? What exactly was the purpose of the gif then?

it's like a snooker shot off the cushion. he's thinking more than one step ahead of the play.

the gif shows he thinks one step ahead of the play. why play that simple ball when he could have given it straight to Weimann?

remember he carried the ball to the position where he appears to be standing in the gif

76xfyCw.gif

it's a subtle pass. not as obvious as you'd think.

• Like 2

it's like a snooker shot off the cushion. he's thinking more than one step ahead of the play.

the gif shows he thinks one step ahead of the play. why play that simple ball when he could have given it straight to Weimann?

remember he carried the ball to the position where he appears to be standing in the gif

76xfyCw.gif

it's a subtle pass. not as obvious as you'd think.

I'm  so excited & I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose CON-TROLL & I think I like it. :P

• Like 1

Yep, subtly kicked it to the best player in the team with his subtle little shoe.

look where bannan's right arm is pointing in the first few frames of the gif. elbow is not bent.

i33HrCWcCKhTu.gif

76xfyCw.gif

Edited by Con

I'm agreeing. Bannan told Benteke what to do. Big old rubbish Benteke would have just kicked it as high as he could were it not for the puppet master pointing out where to pass to. Only bannan could spot the open man in the fluorescent shirt and point him out.

I don't know why its only me and you who can see how its basically Bannan's goal.

If you can find a copy of the audio you can actually hear him shout "shoot ye wee bastard" just before it goes in.

• Like 1

Nope, reasonable praise is exactly that, reasonable.

But the last time I did that you had a massive go at me, about something you'd made up, and wouldn't listen to reason.

THAT'S why this topic annoys people

What does that mean? It could mean anything. Please explain how I was so unreasonable and bizarre.

Here onwards

Quite a reasonable post by myself, I thought. Praising Bannan when he keeps his game simple, highlighting where I thought his strengths were and how he should adapt to become a better player.

Followed by nonsense from yourself.

Yep, subtly kicked it to the best player in the team with his subtle little shoe.

look where bannan's right arm is pointing in the first few frames of the gif. elbow is not bent.

You're right. Only the true greats in the game have to keep their balance.

• Like 1

Here onwards

Quite a reasonable post by myself, I thought. Praising Bannan when he keeps his game simple, highlighting where I thought his strengths were and how he should adapt to become a better player.

You said Bannan's best games are when he isn't responsible for the creative and plays like Westwood. That's what I'd say about Westwood. He's a Carrick type of player. Bannan isn't.

Remember Bannan was played in front of the CBs. It is very difficult to be creative there. 

You also suggested he'd play well with Ireland in the team. That's ludicrous. I don't think any of the XI would play their best with Ireland in the team.

This sums up my reaction to you

Bannan's whole game revolves around creativity, that is, picking passes. Saying he's not good at that is like saying Delph is lazy.

Here onwards

1. You said Bannan's best games are when he isn't responsible for the creative and plays like Westwood. That's what I'd say about Westwood. He's a Carrick type of player. Bannan isn't.

2. Remember Bannan was played in front of the CBs. It is very difficult to be creative there. 

3. You also suggested he'd play well with Ireland in the team. That's ludicrous. I don't think any of the XI would play their best with Ireland in the team.

This sums up my reaction to you

Bannan's whole game revolves around creativity, that is, picking passes. Saying he's not good at that is like saying Delph is lazy.

Numbered your points.

1. Yes and no. I said Bannan played well when he wasn't SOLELY responsible for creativity. Not that he didn't DO any creating, just that he wasn't relied upon to do it. I felt as if when he was the sole creator he almost put himself under too much pressure so forced the issue. When someone else was there to (try to) pull some strings, Bannan seemed more relaxed and played better. 

You made the Westwood comparison, not me. It's nothing to do with what I'm saying, it merely reminded me at the time of what I'd said about Bannan previously.

2. Completely irrelevant to my point

3. I refer you to my response at the time

I mentioned Ireland because it was ONE example that I remember. The point is more general. I'm NOT saying Bannan plays better when he plays with Ireland, specifically. I'm saying that IN MY OPINION Bannan plays better when he plays a more reserved role and isn't under pressure to be the sole creative force going forward. A game where Ireland played is ONE (one. I'll write it again, one) example that I remember.

Once again, you've missed the point. Again. Massively.