Barry Bannan

villianusa

Was Bannan ever tried by Lambert in the "sole creator" role?

"Ireland" means selling Milner then getting mugged for £12 million or whatever it was. Let's leave him out of the discussion.

Was Bannan ever tried by Lambert in the "sole creator" role?

"Ireland" means selling Milner then getting mugged for £12 million or whatever it was. Let's leave him out of the discussion.

Yes.

You're the one obsessed with Ireland. Again, I literally only mentioned him because it was ONE occasion that  I remembered Bannan playing well. And I explained my reasons why.

If you think that my entire point can be dismissed purely because I mentioned Stephen Ireland then you're even more blinkered than I originally thought.

Edited by Stevo985

As I have said, I disagree with your point. Bannan is not a mere shuffler of possession. He is a much more dynamic player involved in creating and scoring goals. 

Great comparison to what Bannan's role will be is Christian Erikson.  If there is one player in the Premier League now I'd trust to cross a ball who is not Bannan it's Erikson.

Yes, Erikson is probably better than Bannan but Bannan has that same touch of class. Cut from the same mould. Just needs to be given a chance pushed further forward where he can hurt the opposition.

He had that chance at Palace and as taking it until Pulis came along.

As I have said, I disagree with your point. Bannan is not a mere shuffler of possession. He is a much more dynamic player involved in creating and scoring goals. 

Con, use your eyes. READ WHAT I POST.

That is not what I said.

Bannan played well when he wasn't SOLELY responsible for creativity. Not that he didn't DO any creating, just that he wasn't relied upon to do it. I felt as if when he was the sole creator he almost put himself under too much pressure so forced the issue.

What about that are you failing to understand?

I'm not saying he didn't do any creating, quite the opposite. I'm saying he wasn't the ONLY player in the team to do that job and so he seemed to just play the right passes at the right times, whereas when he IS the only person in the team playing the creative role, he seemed to try and force passes that weren't on.

FFS, I honestly don't know why I get sucked into responding to you. Either you're on a wind up or you just read what you want to read.

Edited by Stevo985

I'm saying he wasn't the ONLY player in the team to do that job and so he seemed to just play the right passes at the right times, whereas when he IS the only person in the team playing the creative role, he seemed to try and force passes that weren't on.

because he was played in a defensive holding role where you have to play the long passes

Pulis is blind to Bannan's genius because he prefers hulking 6 foot destroyers in midfield. It's ok though, Bannan's prescience means that he is thinking 2 seasons ahead to when he subtly passes Scotland to European championship glory; he knew when he moved to Palace that Pulis would take over eventually, restricting his time on the field, and therefore reducing wear and tear on his joints leaving him fresh for 2 seasons' time.

Edited by stwefano

If Con keeps this fine run of form going this thread could make 500 pages.

I just remembered why I avoid this thread. 

If Con gets to page 500 without dropping this wind up, I'll buy him a pint. Page 1000 and he should be nominated for an Oscar.

Greatest troll the internet has ever seen.

Nothing to do with form. It's purely Pulis anti-football tactics.

Last week, we asked you to rate each individual squad member on their performances so far and also asked a series of other questions – taking Eagles’ fans views as the Premier League season passes its mid-point.

According to your votes, Joel Ward has easily been Palace’s stand-out performer this campaign.

The right back polled an average score of 8.95 out of 10, well ahead of second placed Mile Jedinak (8.40).

The next highest-rated were two new boys – striker Marouane Chamakh (7.92) and midfielder Barry Bannan (7.77).

Read more: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/FANS-SURVEY-Joel-Ward-Crystal-Palace-s-star-man/story-20427656-detail/story.html#ixzz2rEQUT700

Nothing to do with form. It's purely Pulis anti-football tactics.

Last week, we asked you to rate each individual squad member on their performances so far and also asked a series of other questions – taking Eagles’ fans views as the Premier League season passes its mid-point.

According to your votes, Joel Ward has easily been Palace’s stand-out performer this campaign.

The right back polled an average score of 8.95 out of 10, well ahead of second placed Mile Jedinak (8.40).

The next highest-rated were two new boys – striker Marouane Chamakh (7.92) and midfielder Barry Bannan (7.77).

Read more: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/FANS-SURVEY-Joel-Ward-Crystal-Palace-s-star-man/story-20427656-detail/story.html#ixzz2rEQUT700

So he's the 4th best player for Crystal Palace according to the fans (though crucially not the manager).

What was your point again?