Barry Bannan

villianusa

Palace win again. Bannan doesn't play again.

What were you saying about win rates last season Con? The most important stat in the world isn't it?

Bannan does have a high win rate but to be fair Pulis has found a way to get grubby victories without him. Five 1-0 wins to be precise, although at least two of those was with Bannan.

It's a team sport. This system depends on strong defence. If they get found out and start conceding regularlt they'll need to field more talented players again.

In that I include Johnny Williams as well as Bannan.

Oh! So when you said Bannan won games for Villa last season, he didn't.

when we play Bannan we convert draws into wins.

Close enough :P

close but no cigar.

well done for making the effort and doing some research as far back as last summer though.

Con, you consistently pointed out Villa were better with him in the side. Now that someone pointed out that Palace are better without him, you (correctly) admitted that there are way more factors than one player that go into this. Which totally invalidates the points you made last year.

• Like 2

Con, you consistently pointed out Villa were better with him in the side. Now that someone pointed out that Palace are better without him, you (correctly) admitted that there are way more factors than one player that go into this. Which totally invalidates the points you made last year.

No it doesn't.

I'm not saying Palace are better without Bannan in the side. Just that they are winning matches. They won a couple of matches with Bannan in the side, including when Bannan scored a match-winner.

Also, I've shown already in this thread that Villa's best form period during the 12/13 season occurred with Bannan in the team and that the up-tick in form toward then end of the season was not when Bannan was dropped - he started in two of the winning games during the late form period.

I'm not saying Palace are better without Bannan in the side. Just that they are winning matches.

Ive seen some really poor semantic arguements on VT but you sir take the cake.

Especially as Villa winning matches with Bannan in the side WAS evidence that Villa were better with bannan in the side last season. you know, when that stat suited the argument.

I'm confused, in other threads on VT  Con comes across as a reasonable and quite intelligent bloke. So whats is it about Barry Bannan that makes his brain turn to jelly?

I'm going to have a stab at some kind of hypnosis, whereby every time the word Bannan is mentioned he instantly forgets everything he has ever known about football. Come on Con tell us its true  :D

In some ways, it's similar to a lot of other posters up in VT. They have their opinion about something, say the manager, and nothing will make them back down.

Con just takes it to another level and his flag is staked on Bannan.

I'm confused, in other threads on VT  Con comes across as a reasonable and quite intelligent bloke. So whats is it about Barry Bannan that makes his brain turn to jelly?

I'm going to have a stab at some kind of hypnosis, whereby every time the word Bannan is mentioned he instantly forgets everything he has ever known about football. Come on Con tell us its true  :D

This is true, in any thread not related to gay footballers or Barry Bannan, Con is actually really good at making interesting and logical points. I can say no more about my opinions on this thread other than it is rather bizarre.