Barry Bannan

villianusa

Well you can stop laughing… streets ahead no, ahead - YES

b69035c5cec19facbf381642d3548bdb.png

That table means absolutely nothing tbf.

Pick any of Swansea's players and they would walk all over that table, does that mean they are better players?

I'd say most of swansea's first 11 would get in our side. So yes they are better players.

I saw a stat showing th number of passes attempted v Newcastle;

KEA 43, Lowton 42, Ireland 39, Bannan 35, Holman 34, Clark 33, Vlaar 30, Bent 29, Lichaj 22, Weimann 17.

KEA completed 91% of his passes, Ireland 90%, Holman 79% and Bannan 77%.

Lowton was by far the most accurate passer in defence with 83%. Vlaar had 77%.

Lichaj and Clark came out overall as the worst passers in the team with a very poor 68% and 64% success rate.

Looks to me like Lambert is putting a lot of faith in Bannan, gave him a taste of the captains armband in preseason and sticking him in a key role once the season began. One moment of Scottish madness and it could well blow up in the managers face. However Lambert does see some potential in Bannan I guess working with him every day will give Lambert a good idea of the lads temperament. In terms of talent I don't think there's another player in the team who can cross as well as Bannan nor hit a free kick like he did against Forrest, certainly not N'Zogbia but Banna does look well out of his depth against a physical midfield.

To be honest, and I know it sounds ridiculous, but I always thought the OS might have gotten Delfouneso's height wrong. I remember seeing him at Villa Park (I was lower Trinity Rd) and thinking he was pretty short. Him and Delph looked really small compared to the other players, I find it hard to believe he's 6'1". Shame he's not about to compare to Benteke, I find it hard to believe he's only two inches taller than Nate Dog.

Looks to me like Lambert is putting a lot of faith in Bannan, gave him a taste of the captains armband in preseason and sticking him in a key role once the season began. One moment of Scottish madness and it could well blow up in the managers face. However Lambert does see some potential in Bannan I guess working with him every day will give Lambert a good idea of the lads temperament. In terms of talent I don't think there's another player in the team who can cross as well as Bannan nor hit a free kick like he did against Forrest, certainly not N'Zogbia but Banna does look well out of his depth against a physical midfield.

Yeah, he's definitely giving Bannan the chance to show exactly what he's made of.

Thought it was weird how no one brought up the Bannan thread after last week.

He had a fantastic game, his delivery is excellent.

Loved the way he was also clapping everyone and telling teammates to keep their heads up.

Well done Mr.Bannan, keep it up. 8)

We need to turn him into Paul Scholes.

He's the right mould physically, he has a very sweet left foot on him, we just need him to sit back and break into the box at key times if needed. I think he could do this or the 'Pirlo' kind of job. He has decent technique so he could be our metronome if the game calls for slowing down or speeding up.

also love the way that he has developed a genuine understanding with the other academy kids over years of playing with them through the ranks... him and ciaran is the obvious example, but he does the same with andi weimann, and will do it with sharky when we see him back again...

as he gets more playing time, lets hope we'll see that develop with the new and more established players...

We need to turn him into Paul Scholes.

He's the right mould physically, he has a very sweet left foot on him, we just need him to sit back and break into the box at key times if needed. I think he could do this or the 'Pirlo' kind of job. He has decent technique so he could be our metronome if the game calls for slowing down or speeding up.

I personally would like him to bulk up a little bit. He's still quite lightweight when against opponents over 5 ft 5