Barry Bannan

villianusa

How many times yesterday did he just whack it up the pitch in the vague direction of Bent? Really really poor, I just don't see it with him, no goal threat from him, dosen't create (his free kick delievery is woeful) and he's not that quick.

Think he'll be playing for Celtic this time next year.

A shocking player and personally I wouldn't have in the squad - he's that bad.

Defensively he offers nothing.

Going forward, he has the grand total of 1 top flight goal (a penalty) and he's only set up a hand full of goals if that.

Release the lad and be done with it.

Too weak and small with not enough bite to play centre midfield, which is a shame because if you gave Herd his techique we'd have some player.

He needs to look at someone like Joe Allen who is similar size and also good technically. The difference is his decision making and ability to keep it simple.

Can Barry learn how how to do this? With the right coaching I think so yes.

Too weak and small with not enough bite to play centre midfield, which is a shame because if you gave Herd his techique we'd have some player.

He needs to look at someone like Joe Allen who is similar size and also good technically. The difference is his decision making and ability to keep it simple.

Can Barry learn how how to do this? With the right coaching I think so yes.

joe allen is a talented footballer. bannan is not

I'm not sure how true this is. I don't think there's actually that much difference in their technical ability, Bannan just has the tendency of over-playing and making it look as if he has something special, when really, he's doing very basic stuff and **** up everything else that's important for a midfielder (i.e. retaining possession, finding a pass, finding space, shooting, tackling, positioning....)

• 2 weeks later...
So, to summarise, Bannan's stats piss all over Ireland. Interesting, albeit not really surprised.

Sometimes stats can be very misleading, I mean last season Luka Modric barely Got any assist or any goals, just a couple I think and he still made a 33m pound move to Madrid.

Now obviously you can't compare Ireland and Modric because they are in a completely different league, but just saying sometimes you have got to looks beyond the stats. Ireland keeps the ball moving, and is always looking for a pass. I believe Lambert can bring the best out of him, and if he can't, he will be shipped out.

Agree stats can sometimes be misleading. However, I've lost count the number of times Ireland fails with his killer through balls (yet to complete one?). Plus he needs to start scoring, I was impressed he got into position to score at St James but he must at least work the keeper there. I hope he proves me wrong.