Barry Bannan

villianusa

Not sure about this loan. I guess it may be beneficial, as it seems Hou is not willing to play him now for the run in, as he has other options in CM.

But for me he should be playing for us now. He's good enough IMO. Class act.

Totally disagree I'm afraid. I think he has potential, but he needs a lot of game experience to shake off his naivety. The team really carries him when he plays, and our midfield is usually not good enough to do so.

Delighted with this loan move, I would also be happy to see him loaned at the start of next season.

Im with Jon on this one.

Last week against Man City, he was playing with 2 International Centre Midfielders alongside him, and was the best of the 3 by a long way.

He doesnt need anyone to carry him any more than Makoun or Delph do, it's just that he isnt a DM, and does need someone like NRC to be played next to him.

Not sure about this loan. I guess it may be beneficial, as it seems Hou is not willing to play him now for the run in, as he has other options in CM.

But for me he should be playing for us now. He's good enough IMO. Class act.

Totally disagree I'm afraid. I think he has potential, but he needs a lot of game experience to shake off his naivety. The team really carries him when he plays, and our midfield is usually not good enough to do so.

Delighted with this loan move, I would also be happy to see him loaned at the start of next season.

Im with Jon on this one.

Last week against Man City, he was playing with 2 International Centre Midfielders alongside him, and was the best of the 3 by a long way.

He doesnt need anyone to carry him any more than Makoun or Delph do, it's just that he isnt a DM, and does need someone like NRC to be played next to him.

Make that x3

The only thing niggling me is and no disrespect to Delph but he's come back from injury and pretty much walked straight into the squad. Barry should have started alongside NRC on Saturday IMO. Not saying he would have changed the result, just think he's massively underrated amongst our players at the moment.

Damn, he's on the back of my shirt too. :(

Could be worse, could have had Warnock

Too right. He was last year.

Can you get Salifou or Osbourne next year? At least when they leave / go off the rails or some new thing it won't effect the squad!

My issue with this is that I'd rather see Bannan get games than Bradley who I don't think has shown anything in a Villa shirt

Not happy

To be fair to Bradley, he's played for us twice.

If he shows no promise then he probably won't get played much, if he does.. then he'll be brought in next year.

I'd rather Bannan went on loan than sat around underneath NRC, Petrov, Delph and Makoun in the pecking order.

Damn, he's on the back of my shirt too. :(

I had always assumed you have Warnock on the back of your shirt Warnock :D

My issue with this is that I'd rather see Bannan get games than Bradley who I don't think has shown anything in a Villa shirt

Not happy

To be fair to Bradley, he's played for us twice.

If he shows no promise then he probably won't get played much, if he does.. then he'll be brought in next year.

I'd rather Bannan went on loan than sat around underneath NRC, Petrov, Delph and Makoun in the pecking order.

How does Ged assess whether Bradley is worth acquiring at the end of the season if he doesn't get games??

The loan will be great for Barry as he should get plenty of game time, which he wouldn't at Villa (behind Delph and Makoun at the minute for me) and we can see what he is made of.

Earnestly speaking, Bannan has played much better than Petrov and Bradley. In fact, I was planning to make a commemorative video of him in the end of the season. In my mind, Bannan and NRC make the strongest midfield patch of our team. Quite unhappy to see he leave on loan.

Anybody tell me where video recordings of Leeds United's games can be downloaded?

Earnestly speaking, Bannan has played much better than Petrov and Bradley. In fact, I was planning to make a commemorative video of him in the end of the season. In my mind, Bannan and NRC make the strongest midfield patch of our team. Quite unhappy to see he leave on loan.

Anybody tell me where video recordings of Leeds United's games can be downloaded?

Bannan makes a lot of bad passes and turns the ball over a lot. I also dont know how you can justify saying that Bannan has played much better than Bradley because bradley hasn't even played 90 minutes at this club yet. You can't judge a guy off that.

On-loan Leeds midfielder Barry Bannan has targeted promotion during his time at Elland Road this season.

The 21-year-old Aston Villa starlet has linked up with the Whites until the end of the campaign and made his debut off the bench during the win over Preston on Tuesday.

Bannan was part of the Blackpool squad that clinched promotion from the Championship via the play-offs last season and he hopes to replicate that achievement with Leeds.

"Last season at Blackpool I was in the same position so I know what it's all about," he told the club's official website.

"It's a bit different this season because there's so many clubs around the play-off places, but hopefully I can come here and help Leeds get promoted."

There was plenty of interest in Bannan, with the Scotland international making 19 appearances for Premier League outfit Villa this term, and many were surprised that Gerard Houllier allowed him to leave.

However, he admits he did not have to think twice when Leeds came calling and is keen to get some regular action under his belt.

"There was a couple of clubs as well as Leeds, but as soon as I was told Leeds were interested and had been for a while there was nowhere else I was going to go," Bannan added.

"There were some good clubs and I appreciate them coming in, but Leeds are a big, big club and this was my first choice.

"I could have stayed at Villa on the fringes getting games here and there and having a good taste this season, I felt at my age the only way I was going to get games every week was coming to a club like this.

"It's going to be hard to play straight away, but it's not easy wherever you go because you have to prove you are worth a place in the team, and that's what I've come here to do."

http://tinyurl.com/5w6cq7k

Only came on at 76 minutes today vs Ipswich in a 0-0 draw so not really enough time to judge him, would hope he'd get bigger run outs in the remaining games.

He gave away a free kick and also put in 1 cross. No time to change the game though.

Barry is good in possession but its his defensive work off the ball where he goes missing. In the premier league when you play with two forwards and two widemen you need a central midfield pair that know how to protect their back four. In home games it might make sense to start him against the technicially weaker teams, but I would prefer Pires to Bannan as Pires rarely gives the ball away Bannan still does that overplaying it thing that you can't afford to do when playing central midfield. Loan is the best thing for him, for now. Needs game time and we can't really afford to take risks now with team selection.

my mates a big leeds fan and couldnt understand why they took him. Said its an area they are well covered in.
They're not well covered at all, it's just that 2 of the 3 CM's Leeds use are better than him, and the other one I'd guess they're not willing to drop whilst they're playing well and it's not like Bannan is a permanent transfer for them.