Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

Boro are shit now. They'll be in the Championship as long as Coventry have been. Two years ago, no-one except us wanted a broken-footed winger who wasn't particularly special. We did. We paid his wages in the first 4 months of his injury where he sat in the physios room getting treated by us. He was then shit for the remaining season, bar a couple of games (Burnley in the 5-2 being an exception) then given a pre-season he quickly becomes a player the fans like and support. He was top scorer until we signed a striker who isn't injured and isn't a complete waste of space who overtakes him. We get him back into the England squad. As soon as it looks like it might be a bit of a lean time for us as a club, he wants to bugger off, to Liverpool who have no European football of any kind, and will struggle to get into the Europa League this season as well. What kind of player do we want. A player willing to fight for the cause, like Albrighton, who wants desperately to play for us, and this radiates in his performances. Or like Milner was, who gave nothing less than full effort every game for us, even though he wasn't fully loyal to us? Downing on the other hand played very well most games but still showed none of the passion we saw with Milner. THat's the diofference for why more will appreciate Milner if he returns. Were it not for us, Downing could well be at team like Wigan, or even worse, languishing in the Championship with his boyhood club.

Downing has not paid off his debt to us yet. That is why I'm livid he wants to move away after 1 good season, **** him off, and get a player in who wants to play for us. Would rather have a team off 11 triers who give 110% than some jumped up sissy who wants to move away without paying his dues.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years ago, no-one except us wanted a broken-footed winger who wasn't particularly special.

I'm fairly sure that Redknapp pursued him for a few years and the rumour was that we stitched him up to sign Downing from under his nose

(made out that a deal for Young was possible , or something)

of course that could just be internet rumours but I seem to recall that Harry left a Spurs pre season friendly half way through the game when he got wind of our deal but it was already too late

works hard, tracks back to help his fullback

No he doesn't.

Except he quite clearly does

He never does, comes back dragging their full back with him, and NEVER makes a tackle, he is a gutless whatever and the sooner he goes we can hopefully have a team of eleven again, will really piss me off if he stays.

Two years ago, no-one except us wanted a broken-footed winger who wasn't particularly special.

I'm fairly sure that Redknapp pursued him for a few years and the rumour was that we stitched him up to sign Downing from under his nose

(made out that a deal for Young was possible , or something)

of course that could just be internet rumours but I seem to recall that Harry left a Spurs pre season friendly half way through the game when he got wind of our deal but it was already too late

If I remember right he thought he was getting A Young, if he kept out of the Downing deal

Seeing as the transfer topic thread imploded I thought i would post here:

Firstly I think unless we sell Downing then we won't have any money to sign players (goal keeper aside).

I don't think Lerner has any intention of replacing Young with the likes of Nzogbia especially if the player costs more or the equivalent.

Young's sale was just to balance the books from buying Bent. Lerner probably thinks that having Warnock, Beye and Ireland back in the frame could make up for any player shortfalls.

I think the manager knows that he needs to use the squad he has already and develop youth players and make BETTER use of the players that are already there as Lerner is probably sick of shelling out fees and wages on players that then get frozen out for whatever reason.

I'm sure we will buy Given, but i think outside of that Big Eck will be expected to assess what he has and maybe just maybe before the window closes - identify a player or two that he needs, but don't expect any big money signings.

I think selling Downing would be suicide, but if we can get 25mil and he wants to go then we have no choice but to cash in and strengthen the squad with the proceeds. As soon as Liverpool started throwing stupid money around on average players like Henderson and Carroll - the market got so inflated that for the mid table clubs it has effectively imploded. Nzogbia was once worth 9mil at best, you can now expect him to go for about 15 thanks to the greedy Liverd*ckheads and their delusional fans.

@Stewart_SD is getting some abuse on Twitter and, as Cracker1234 says, the account seems to be genuine. Perhaps not the most sensible time for Downing to be starting a Twitter account, though?

Opinions are just that, seems like the rest of the Villa players and a large number of fans support mine over yours as to his worth, considering he was voted POTY etc.

And Downing is a decent player but by your own admission........

As for player of the year, easy to shine in a pile of shit.

Â