Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

Just heard from a reliable source that Liverpool HAVE come back with an improved offer and we HAVE accepted it. Downing will be talking to them today or tomorrow.

Will post more if i hear anything.

And sorry will be off line for the next hour or so as still at work.

Good riddance i say!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't help but wonder if the idea of signing the likes of Nzogbia and co is quite wide of the mark and, infact, Mcleish will find himself rattling around the bargain basement when it comes to player recruitment this summer.

Indeed. If I was permitted one thing to say to our reclusive owner it would be this; "If you act like a cheap arsehole, expect the shittiest portions".

The thing that really makes me laugh in this whole sorry saga is LFC spunk up £20m for Jordan Henderson who is hardly proven having spunked up ££35m for Carroll in January who is hardly proven.

That's not so say they won't prove to be very good buys as we found with Young and yet with Downing they make literally laughable offers. Is Downing really worth only 60% of the fee they paid for Henderson?? They then offer £15m and now the latest rumour is £18.5m. Even the media is saying £20m but I tend to go with the thought expressed on here that our number is closer to £25m which given the Henderson deal is spot on the money.

Every player has a price and if Liverpool or anyone else offer the right price he will be sold. I think LFC are showing enormous disrespect to to us by not offering the right price at the outset whilst also trying to unsettle the player. I would have thought they were better than that but sadly they did precisely the same over Barry. Clearly its endemic.

Cant we take a leaf out of Spurs and Arsenal' book and tell him he isnt for sale?

Levy also said that Carrick and Berbatov weren't for sale. Its a cynical way to maximise the price. Modric will be a Chelsea player next season - it will cost Chelsea £35m IMO.

Just heard from a reliable source that Liverpool HAVE come back with an improved offer and we HAVE accepted it. Downing will be talking to them today or tomorrow.

Good riddance i say!

Gutted if this is true. Cant believe Villa and its fans give up that easily.

Just see Darren Bent sat in the changing room now saying WTF??

Good riddance i say!

In fairness, what can we the fans do about this?

Good riddance i say!

I cant believe you are reacting to a 'reliable source'!

Good riddance i say!

Maybe fans could protest about the proposed sale, that kind of stuff tends to work...!

Good riddance i say!

Maybe fans could protest about the proposed sale, that kind of stuff tends to work...!

:lol:

Good riddance i say!

:lol:

Or maybe I was just commenting on the "Good Riddance I say" in the post I actually quoted?? Did you read that bit or do you open your mouth only to change feet?

There are a number of such posts on here which I find hard to fathom considering he was last years player of the year.

Good riddance i say!

My guy told me about the new bid yesterday but will not tell me if it has been accepted or not, sure he only phones me to gloat.

Or maybe I was just commenting on the "Good Riddance I say" in the post I actually quoted?? Did you read that bit or do you open your mouth only to change feet?

There are a number of such posts on here which I find hard to fathom considering he was last years player of the year.

If you were commenting on ONE post from ONE poster then why put 'fans' ? Plural?

Darren Bent will be cool with whatever the outcome is.

What annoys me is not Downing going anywhere, which if he does then so be it, but the fact that its another of those long protracted sagas involving Villa and our best players (Barry, Milner, Young and now Downing) being played by the so-called Prem elite. Its not only detrimental to the 'player', but it literally seems like the clubs everyday dealings get put on hold.

Downings 'gratitude' will possibly come back to haunt him in spades, but for all parties if he wants out then he has to go......soon.

I think we'd be silly not to accept a bid that got somewhere close to £20m, for a player that clearly now wants to go.

Same.

It's just steady investment back into the team.

We bought Downing for £12m, if we can get £20m for him then we can buy someone like N'Zogbia and a player like Parker.

N'Zogbia & Parker > Downing

to be honest, i thought we overpayed when we brought him.

if he wants to go, and we get close to 20 million for him, then IMO the scousers have been ripped off, but its not like that hasnt happened recently enough anyway.

andy caroll was a rip off, so was henderson. so was robbie keane. so was glenn johnson. take em to the cleaners randy!

The thing that really makes me laugh in this whole sorry saga is LFC spunk up £20m for Jordan Henderson who is hardly proven having spunked up ££35m for Carroll in January who is hardly proven.

That's not so say they won't prove to be very good buys as we found with Young and yet with Downing they make literally laughable offers. Is Downing really worth only 60% of the fee they paid for Henderson?? They then offer £15m and now the latest rumour is £18.5m. Even the media is saying £20m but I tend to go with the thought expressed on here that our number is closer to £25m which given the Henderson deal is spot on the money.

Every player has a price and if Liverpool or anyone else offer the right price he will be sold. I think LFC are showing enourmous disrespect to to us by not offering the right price at the outset whilst also trying to unsettle the player. I would have thought they were better than that but sadly they did precisely the same over Barry. Clearly its endemic.

THIS!!

Ive said it before, when it comes to Liverpool buying players off us they always tend to **** about offering silly amounts hoping to get the player on the cheap. Whereas if theyre buying off anybody else, they are fully prepared to pay over the odds.

Personally, i think that Liverpool see our board as soft touches. They think that they can **** us around to such an extent that we will eventually buckle and accept their pitifull offers.

Im not saying these rumours of us accepting 18.5 million are true but if they are, i will be absolutely fuming that our board havent stood up for themselves on this one.

Good riddance i say!

My guy told me about the new bid yesterday but will not tell me if it has been accepted or not, sure he only phones me to gloat.

Is your guy the same as mine? :lol:

Â