Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

Can't see us rep;acing Young and Downing. Moving Young to the position he played last season and away from the wing was all about not having to replace him as a winger IMO and looking for other alternatives.

Can't see us replacing either. We didn't replace Milner and we didn't replace Barry.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really is getting out of hand. McCleish has said unless we get a stupid offer SD will NOT be sold.

I don't think £20M is a stupid offer... £25-30M maybe but not £20M

First of all we've accepted a new bid ITK.... now the rumour is that LFC are preparing a new bid.

In the meantime Downing is being slated on here for comments he made whilst on England duty before even we signed McCleish.

Do we have any ITK, that Downing is that keen to move? Has be put in a transfer request? If so why not??!!!

Can't see us rep;acing Young and Downing. Moving Young to the position he played last season and away from the wing was all about not having to replace him as a winger IMO and looking for other alternatives.

Can't see us replacing either. We didn't replace Milner and we didn't replace Barry.

Can't see you saying anything remotely positive or constructive, ever.

Insomnia IN. Alby on the other flank.

Tidy profit on Asher and Downing.

Sorted.

That tidy profit isn't going to make up for the loss of our two best players though is it?

Young and Downings assists and goals will not be covered by N'Zogbia and a youth prospect. On top of that we have no one to step in if one is injured.

This really is getting out of hand. McCleish has said unless we get a stupid offer SD will NOT be sold.

First of all we've accepted a new bid ITK.... now the rumour is that LFC are preparing a new bid.

In the meantime Downing is being slated on here for comments he made whilst on England duty before even we signed McCleish.

Do we have any ITK, that Downing is that keen to move? Has be put in a transfer request? If so why not??!!!

Come on Julie, surely it's better to read between the lines and make our own conclusions up!!! :lol:

Surely that's just a simple fact?

Sorted.

No doubt we can then add the Bent transfer fee received when he gets pissed off at the club not progressing and basically selling the better players?

Surely that's just a simple fact?

Well, I wouldn't say that we didn't replace Barry. We got an even better player playing in his position when he left. Ok, the player was already in the squad, but then again Downing came in and took that players position when he came fit again. Shame that player left us too and we couldn't replace him. It's always hard to replace your best players.

Did anyone find out if that Twitter account using his name was fake?

All the followers have been deleted and none of the other Villa players have mentioned it at all as being genuine, so I think the cat was out of the bag is was someone up to mischeif.

You can still read the tweets @studowning6

JulieB wrote:

Come on Julie, surely it's better to read between the lines and make our own conclusions up!!!

Jules is our very own Scully!

So who wants to be Mulder then? Volunteers?

Did anyone find out if that Twitter account using his name was fake?

All the followers have been deleted and none of the other Villa players have mentioned it at all as being genuine, so I think the cat was out of the bag is was someone up to mischeif.

You can still read the tweets @studowning6

Thought it was too good to be true, thanks Julie!

Do we really need to guess why he hasn't handed in a transfer request Julie?

Has Modric?

Has Tevez?

I know a slight side point but I just don’t know where Darren Bent would go, he’s 27 for one and would offer little to no resale value plus be a big fee you’d expect minimum £20m.

Utd (got better), City (will buy superstars), Arsenal (not young enough), Liverpool (bought Carroll, Suarez – want resale), Chelsea (will buy superstars) are unlikely touch him. Tottenham won’t until Redknapp goes by which time he is 28 pushing 29.

He wouldn’t go to Newcastle, Sunderland – Everton can’t afford him. Pretty much realistically leaves Fulham, QPR and Blackburn in this country.

So he’ll be looking abroad and that really only leaves Turkey or Germany as you can’t see any of Serie A or La Liga clubs shelling out.

I think this season is all on Stephen Ireland and Marc Albrighton. As if/when Downing goes, Eck will sort the defence and If those two play well we’ll finish 7th as Bent will score.

Sorted.

No doubt we can then add the Bent transfer fee received when he gets pissed off at the club not progressing and basically selling the better players?

I don't think so. Who is likely to step in and buy Bent?

It really is a sad indictment of how far we have fallen in 12 months that we cant even keep hold of Stewart Downing...

I don't remember there ever being a time when we could hold onto our players when a bigger team comes calling and they want to leave. We could hold onto him if we want to but we have to look at things like his price, which will only go down after this season and where is head is at.

Sorted.

I don't think so. Who is likely to step in and buy Bent?

Who knows. I think if a player like him became available there is bound to be clubs interested in buying him both in this country and abroad.

It really is a sad indictment of how far we have fallen in 12 months that we cant even keep hold of Stewart Downing...

So by that statement, you're indicating that Downing is average at best. In which case, 20m for him is damn good business!!

20m is ALOT of money and that will be put to good use in other more important areas. 6 months down the line and we will have forgotten all about Downing.

. 6 months down the line and we will have forgotten all about Downing.
Highly doubtful

Have we forgotten about Barry, Milner and even Dwight Yorke? Southgate and Ehiogu still get spoken about on here warmly with their ambitions for winning things and then joining Middlesvilla.

Not sure we will forget about Downing in 6 months.

Â