The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

Would you have left the Villa captaincy, being the star player and the highest paid player in the clubs history to move to Manchester?

Would I have left being the star player at Aston Villa to be a star player in world football? 

Yes I probably would have 

He will achieve recognition at city that he simply can't at villa, look at the England set up its already happening

Don't get me wrong I **** hate it but that's the reality of what football is 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

He doesn’t love the club a fraction as much as he makes out he does…

You could ask any true Villa fan what they would have done and 99.9% of them would have stayed, considering the hero status he had with us… Unless there was the option to move abroad…

Hes full of shit and anything he says is damage limitation and PR in order to curry favour with us now he is playing with his brand new friends

Yea but Grealish is an elite level footballer, not some sloped foreheaded, goofy moron with a learning disability from Erdington.

I joke, but a lot of villa fans would have done the same.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

He doesn’t love the club a fraction as much as he makes out he does…

You could ask any true Villa fan what they would have done and 99.9% of them would have stayed, considering the hero status he had with us… Unless there was the option to move abroad…

Hes full of shit and anything he says is damage limitation and PR in order to curry favour with us now he is playing with his brand new friends

Because it is a ridiculously hypothetical question. If those 99.9% were world class footballers capable of playing at the highest level of club football then I suspect the vast majority of them would leave. Villa couldn't offer this football to Jack and given his age we probably would not be able to during his short career as a pro footballer

He was world class at Villa tbh. This move will take him to that next level though. It wouldn't have mattered if he channeled the spirit of Maradona every game for Villa, he'd never win the Balon D'or. He wouldn't even start for England most days ahead of the veritable Mason Mount. But now, you could see him winning it at City if he just maintains his current level.

3 minutes ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

His move is vindicated already.

He's influencing, scoring and assisting in champions league games, this is the dream for him.

He already said that it was a dream come true when he signed for Manchester City…. However, I reckon he might have expected there to be more fans there

7 minutes ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

His move is vindicated already.

He's influencing, scoring and assisting in champions league games, this is the dream for him.

It is, but at the same time the CL isn't all it's made out to be. I hate the whole 'need to playing in the CL to prove myself' nonsense.

Our best player left to play in the CL and at the same time we sent a player out on loan who's our 3rd choice striker who's also playing in the CL tonight.

KO stages are usually top games mind.

Edited by AndyM3000

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Flicking between this and Plop game and the difference in general atmosphere and cried noise is night and day.  
City’s goals are just met with polite applause and a half hearted cheer.  dunno how their players get fired up.  Soulless.  

VP would be absolutely rocking if we were 5-3 up in any game. 

How can you get fired up for anything when you have a team where you can just bring Phil Foden and Raheem Sterling off the bench, or see the best RB in the world be a rotation player. They're at the point in a FM save where you just start to lose interest because it's all so easy, you've reached the top and there's nothing to challenge you.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Flicking between this and Plop game and the difference in general atmosphere and cried noise is night and day.  
City’s goals are just met with polite applause and a half hearted cheer.  dunno how their players get fired up.  Soulless.  

VP would be absolutely rocking if we were 5-3 up in any game. 

Was just coming on to post the same. More like a test match at City to be honest. I guess thats what happens when expectation is so high. Its just another goal scored for them. 

Â