The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Just look at the reception for Hourihane. 

Everyone wishing him well and saying how great he's been etc etc

It's because he's not good enough. I like the guy but he's leaving because we want to get rid. Anyone who is actually good enough to be signed by a great team gets pelters.

It's very strange behaviour.

It really isn’t. I mean, the opposite would be a lot stranger. 

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm out in Hungary at the moment and its all about him on their TV news channels, sports sections .. he's definitely in that "Superstar" level over here  

Ah man, we really needed just one year out of him to milk the brand and have our club's profile enlarged by association.

He may still be hear if Messi/Barca had announced their separation just two days earlier.

Edited by Wainy316

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The good wishes for Hourihane aren't strange.

The pelters for Grealish are.

Well, you made the comparison, and your point seemed to be that it is strange that Villa fans wish Conor well when he wasn’t good enough for us, while at the same time express resentment towards Jack when he was f***ing brilliant for us.

I don’t understand how you find that strange. I think it’s the most natural, human emotional response to the situation. People are disappointed, hurt by Jack’s decision. He dumped us, to use a worn but  analogy. We kind of dumped Conor. 

14 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Well, you made the comparison, and your point seemed to be that it is strange that Villa fans wish Conor well when he wasn’t good enough for us, while at the same time express resentment towards Jack when he was f***ing brilliant for us.

I don’t understand how you find that strange. I think it’s the most natural, human emotional response to the situation. People are disappointed, hurt by Jack’s decision. He dumped us, to use a worn but  analogy. We kind of dumped Conor. 

I don't find it strange that we're upset he left. I'm upset. I've never been more gutted about a player leaving than I am about Jack.

What I don't understand is people criticising him for it

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It's the manner he's gone about it.

'The way he went about it' being a couple of standard issue PR bits when he signed a contract 12 months ago, before another brilliant season when he broke into the England squad, or something else?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't find it strange that we're upset he left. I'm upset. I've never been more gutted about a player leaving than I am about Jack.

What I don't understand is people criticising him for it

I think it’s only natural that people express resentment towards people who have upset them. It may not be rational or even reasonable, but it certainly isn’t strange either. It’s 100 per cent pathos, 0 per cent logos. But that’s football, and that’s how I want my football experience to be. 

As childish as it sounds, Jack Grealish hurt my feelings. I don’t want to like him anymore. I really rather want to dislike him. I want to look for flaws, find fault, blame him, whatever. Which I think is probably unreasonable, but also very human and normal and okay. In a backwards way, it’s the most honest compliment I can give the guy. I hate him because I f***ing adored him. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

'The way he went about it' being a couple of standard issue PR bits when he signed a contract 12 months ago, before another brilliant season when he broke into the England squad, or something else?

I do think when he left then his PR team **** up and thats what led to the backlash. His leaving statement for example was so poorly written that left a bad taste with some people especially when players who got less fanfare like Conor, Taylor and I think Elmo as well wrote meaningful leaving statements

I do think it will blow over eventually

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

It's the manner he's gone about it.

Can you elaborate? 

I mean he's given us longer than most players of his ability would have, he's captained us to promotion, played for us for 2 seasons after that and been one of the best players in the league, broke into the england squad and left for a record fee to one of the best teams in europe.

How exactly was he meant to go about it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dubbs said:

Problem we have now is there's nobody close to him in our current squad.  We'd have to buy a high profile player to boost the clubs image worldwide. 

I've a feeling Bailey will upstage Grealish overtime and be just as good for us once he kicks in full throttle.

Â