The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

We have to at least let him try his thing at the top level next season. Dont rush him, but appearances of the bench and a few starts before Christmas would be good.

Is his new deal sorted yet? Shocking to think he could leave for free next year.

he played in the lower league last season , maybe a loan in the championship would be his best bet next season , even if it's only for a few months

I don't doubt he's got talent but he may not meet the expectation being placed on him and go the way of the other "great hopes"  , maybe more so if / when we struggle next season

• Like 1

I think a season in the Championship would be great for him.  Get him used to a lot of tough games in one season and play against some good defenders.

That wouldn't be a bad idea if we had any sort of viable alternatives but unfortunately we have the likes of Gabby and Weimann instead.

I think we need him for our first team, especially since we don't look like buying much in the transfer window.

I'd agree, especially with Albrighton being let go.

BTW, what's his preferred role - attacking midfield or out wide?

• 2 weeks later...

A Spurs supporting friend sent me this from one of their forums:

“Villa have a young teenage lad that apparently every agent in the land is trying to get their hands on, but his old man is having none of it. Very, very special was the verdict from them all, and apparently miles ahead of his age group(and not just in this country).”

No idea who they mean.

Kevan?

“Villa have a young teenage lad that apparently every agent in the land is trying to get their hands on, but his old man is having none of it. Very, very special was the verdict from them all, and apparently miles ahead of his age group(and not just in this country).”

No idea who they mean.

Kevan?

He supports Spurs so 98% sure he is talking shite.

No offence mate.

...more than likely Jack, the fact a talent like he is entering the last year of his contract speaks volumes at how this club is being run at the moment. Let's hope Jack and his family don't feel messed about and start looking at the tons of options he would have available to him in a years time.

We should tell Spurs, "You can have Grealish for £8m. Tons of potential..", then when they pay up, send them Kev! They're screwed us over enough times, it'd be nice to repay the favour.

• Like 4

No idea who they mean.

Kevan?

He is completely right, we have loads of agents ringing the phone. But they want to take 5% signing on fee and 5% wages every week plus more for e.g sponsorships etc.

My dad has done a lot of hard work up and down the country bringing jack to matches and sorting him out even before he was 6. Why should an agent come on the scene and get that money when my dad has been doing a lot of the hard work in the past.

My dad did jacks last contract and we will see what villa offer jack and might do this one aswell. If not then we will get an agent in to do it. I didnt know it was much of a surprise to see agents up and down the country chasing jack... My dads all for an agent now I think. Just picking the right one I suppose.

No idea who they mean.

Kevan?

He supports Spurs so 98% sure he is talking shite.

No offence mate.

...more than likely Jack, the fact a talent like he is entering the last year of his contract speaks volumes at how this club is being run at the moment. Let's hope Jack and his family don't feel messed about and start looking at the tons of options he would have available to him in a years time.

Players under the age of 18 can only sign 2 year contracts max I believe.

Can I be Jack's agent? 

No idea who they mean.

Kevan?

He is completely right, we have loads of agents ringing the phone. But they want to take 5% signing on fee and 5% wages every week plus more for e.g sponsorships etc.

My dad has done a lot of hard work up and down the country bringing jack to matches and sorting him out even before he was 6. Why should an agent come on the scene and get that money when my dad has been doing a lot of the hard work in the past.

My dad did jacks last contract and we will see what villa offer jack and might do this one aswell. If not then we will get an agent in to do it. I didnt know it was much of a surprise to see agents up and down the country chasing jack... My dads all for an agent now I think. Just picking the right one I suppose.

Don't go with Benteke's agent whatever you do

He will have him going through more clubs than Tiger Woods

Â