The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Clearly people don’t rate him anymore. Did I say they otherwise?

I’m just saying I disagree and I think people try really hard to pretend he’s worse than he is because he left us. 

He hadn’t suddenly become a shit player in 3 seasons, one of which he was contributing heavily to a treble winning side

Hes been coached into being a more boring player and he hasn’t had as many minutes this season as he’d have expected. 

If he came back then im sure Emery would get the best out of him. 

I don’t think he will, but if he did he’d be starting no question 

You said

Nah not for me. I think this is classic Villa fans “he’s left us so now he’s shit” stuff

This implied to me that villa fans only dont rate him because he left and not actually thinking he is shit. If thats not what you meant thats fine but thats how i perceived it.

I think he is alot worse than when he left us. He doesnt control or win games single handingly like he did at city like he did for me. He isnt starting enough either so pep agrees it seems.

If he comes back ill get get behind him like you i agree wmery would get best out of him. But id say the chances of us signing him are remotely zero unless  he takes a significant pay cut which he wont

I dont think he will 100% be starting bit he would definitely be knocking for a start

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

We already have a player in our squad that cost 100 million and was finished within 3 years of that transfer. He also got a couple of goals in a Champions League semi final

Coutinho was probably a better player than Grealish on his day

Yeah i agree with that

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

No

I don't get that. I'm still bitter about how he left us and his conduct when he left, but he's still a very good footballer. It wouldn't take long for Unai to get him firing again, train the Pep out of him. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

He doesn't get in our first 11 and his wages are too steep.

He's better than every player who's played on the left for us this season.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's better than every player who's played on the left for us this season.

Probably but Rogers looks like he could give him a run for his money

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Probably but Rogers looks like he could give him a run for his money

Yeah he's looking good, but I would prefer he plays behind Ollie. Game kind of passes him by on the left.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, T-Dog said:

It wouldn't take long for Unai to get him firing again, train the Pep out of him. 

the-book-of-boba-fett-this-is-the-way.gi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems a shadow of the player that used to get me off my seat at VP any time I see any clips

I genuinely don't know as I've not followed since he left but has he done anything meaningful in a City shirt - like grabbed a big winner or ran a game ?  

The club moved on. He would be a terrible influence no matter how good he is. We’ve moved on from that thankfully. Let the past be just that. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, T-Dog said:

I don't get that. I'm still bitter about how he left us and his conduct when he left, but he's still a very good footballer. It wouldn't take long for Unai to get him firing again, train the Pep out of him. 

See I worry about that, because that flair he had, the mercurial thing, it's not something you can give or train into someone. It's natural, but like all creativity if you don't use it, or if it's beaten out of you, you might never get it back. The question is, does it still lurk in there somewhere?

Jack's next move is unquestionably the most important in his career. I hope he gets it right for his sake, and for mine because watching him before he became cog No.2365 in the City machine was pure joy.

not bitter. just don't feel like we NEED him now.

the one thing that would help though is that he would qualify for our home grown quota so if a loan with us paying only a certain % of his wages was possible it wouldn't be the worst thing

10 hours ago, duke313 said:

He won't be back here, he'll end up at Chelsea or Spurs

Or West Spam. He needs a London club so he can enjoy the nightlife 😉

Just now, Strog said:

Or West Spam. He needs a London club so he can enjoy the nightlife 😉

Under Moyes could have seen West Ham maybe not new guy. No chance he fits Angeball pacey game

• Haha 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Under Moyes could have seen West Ham maybe not new guy. No chance he fits Angeball pacey game

Hmm, Leyton Orient it is then..

Â