The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder which Jack Grealish would fit better into Unai’s Villa, our old Jack or the new Jack 

I think Unai would prefer the old Jack as can see with playing Zaniolo and Bailey that he likes an unpredictable attacking player though wouldnt give him free reign like Smith did

Old jack in zaniolos place and i think we would be a superb team

Gotta remember he was loved here.  At citys its not the same kind of love and affiliation he had with us. At citeh he just another player. Here is was one of us

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Steve Staunton and Ashley Young both worked put for us..

Can't think of any others though, for Villa at least. 

There are always a few exceptions, Sid Cowans was another Although all three of those players, in my opinion, didn’t achieve the heights they reached before they left. 

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

Steve Staunton and Ashley Young both worked put for us..

Can't think of any others though, for Villa at least. 

Young though came back as a player playing in a different position though. When we tried playing him as a attacker like the old days it didnt work. But he definitely was a success for me

I think with grealish it would be different.  People would expect a lot from him straight away

We have moved on so has he worked out better for us. I think with grealish here we would have no emery

Let’s be honest. If he did come back he’d see himself as the big fish and expect to play every game, but you just know at some point he’d get injured and be out for weeks, if not months. As some others have said, he’ll probably be washed up by his early 30s. Steer clear!

7 minutes ago, Strog said:

Let’s be honest. If he did come back he’d see himself as the big fish and expect to play every game, but you just know at some point he’d get injured and be out for weeks, if not months. As some others have said, he’ll probably be washed up by his early 30s. Steer clear!

Seeing himself as the big fish was part of the reason that made he him great for us. Its horrible seeing him play now, hes a consistent footballer now not a consistent match winner or consistent moments of magic which is sad to see. Strange to see players like Doku being lauded over him as he takes on a man, that was what he was great at. 

Id welcome him back with open arms on a free, I assume he signed a 5 year deal so that would make him 31. Unfortunately I agree with your points, hell be playing in Miami by then. 

6 hours ago, Nicho said:

Strange to see players like Doku being lauded over him as he takes on a man, that was what he was great at.

100%

When grealish played for us he was one the top players for the stat successful carries in to the opponents penalty area or some such daft metric they now do

They're now lauding up Doku because he's everything pep has coached out of grealish

Said when we sold him I wanted him to a success and win stuff because this is the alternative, he'll be labelled a flop and villas grealish and inevitably smiths villa not actually that good when he and we were at times

7 hours ago, Nicho said:

Seeing himself as the big fish was part of the reason that made he him great for us. Its horrible seeing him play now, hes a consistent footballer now not a consistent match winner or consistent moments of magic which is sad to see. Strange to see players like Doku being lauded over him as he takes on a man, that was what he was great at. 

Id welcome him back with open arms on a free, I assume he signed a 5 year deal so that would make him 31. Unfortunately I agree with your points, hell be playing in Miami by then. 

There was a time and a place for him being a big fish but we have now moved on, he won’t be the type of player we will want to sign. I agree with you that by the time he’s in his early 30s he will be in one of those money bag mercenary leagues..

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hes definitely flopped at citeh for me so far

Me too

Or more that he's proved that they didn't need him in the first place, they spunked £100m on someone to sell FUT tokens or whatever it is to 8 year olds in Kent but actually instead attracted lads lads lads in their early 20s with his drunken cheer leading, doubt we'll ever know what his actual worth to city is, with Haaland now there I'd guess not a lot anymore

Â