The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Doku plays on the left and already has more minutes and starts than Grealish.  City have found their left wing starter and Jack will be getting garbage time minutes by the end of the season. I'm only saying this because I can see the Jack back to Villa campaign getting stirred up as soon as Doku cements his place as first choice. I just want to say absolutely not.  His wages are to high for any kind of loan and especially don't want to pay whatever fee City would ask for.  It was nice the first time around but sometimes you have to, Just Say No! 

Edited by Rightdm00

I think it's strange to specifically not want Grealish back. If he wanted to come back he'd immediately be our best player but he'd have a much, much stronger squad around him than when he left, and he'd shine.

As much as him leaving was just part of the business, it's also part of the business to leverage familiarity to sign players where we can, not unlike our signing of Ashley Young a couple of seasons ago. Jack is a brilliant footballer who would improve us. If he's squeezed out at City and his love for the club makes him choose us over say, Newcastle, Tottenham, Man U etc, that's brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wouldn't be able to afford his wages regardless.

I agree that he's on the out with City. Pep was trying to console him after the Leipzig game when Doku got an assist and goal in his place. Think Pep will try to manage his ego into being a rotation player.

But I doubt Jack cares all that much. A few titles, brand deals, live the high life afterwards.

Edited by DJBOB

28 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think it's strange to specifically not want Grealish back. If he wanted to come back he'd immediately be our best player but he'd have a much, much stronger squad around him than when he left, and he'd shine.

As much as him leaving was just part of the business, it's also part of the business to leverage familiarity to sign players where we can, not unlike our signing of Ashley Young a couple of seasons ago. Jack is a brilliant footballer who would improve us. If he's squeezed out at City and his love for the club makes him choose us over say, Newcastle, Tottenham, Man U etc, that's brilliant.

The Grealish that left here is not the same Grealish today. We dont need a player on the wing holding possession to pass back 7 yards. His attacking intention has been knocked out of him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

The Grealish that left here is not the same Grealish today. We dont need a player on the wing holding possession to pass back 7 yards. His attacking intention has been knocked out of him

I completely disagree that he's forgotten how to play attacking football. He's playing in Guardiola's system there and he'd adapt to Emery's system here. 

In fact I'd argue that he's just about a perfect player for how Emery likes to create chances. He's surprisingly quick with the ball, has excellent vision, places and weights passes beautifully and likes to use movement to create space. 

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah who are people trying to kid?  He'd be **** ace in Emery's team.

It'd be a non starter anyway due to wages though.

The Jack that left here 3 years ago or the shell of himself currently playing for City?

A healthy Ramsey would have that player firmly on the bench. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I completely disagree that he's forgotten how to play attacking football. He's playing in Guardiola's system there and he'd adapt to Emery's system here. 

In fact I'd argue that he's just about a perfect player for how Emery likes to create chances. He's surprisingly quick with the ball, has excellent vision, places and weights passes beautifully and likes to use movement to create space. 

Ramsey is better than him in the same position for what we want to achieve

Doku is playing the same position and not terrified to take people on

15 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

F**k him the floppy haired Judas lockdown breaking turncoat alcoholic sniff addicted stain on out great club Pep cock sucking Parasite 

Not a fan of his?

Edited by Thug
  • Haha 1

On 06/10/2023 at 13:56, Rightdm00 said:

Doku plays on the left and already has more minutes and starts than Grealish.  City have found their left wing starter and Jack will be getting garbage time minutes by the end of the season. I'm only saying this because I can see the Jack back to Villa campaign getting stirred up as soon as Doku cements his place as first choice. I just want to say absolutely not.  His wages are to high for any kind of loan and especially don't want to pay whatever fee City would ask for.  It was nice the first time around but sometimes you have to, Just Say No! 

Got Newcastle written all over it. lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Nope. Great player but an utter embarrassment off the pitch. Don't want him back.

My response was very very much tongue in cheek. I hate the pillock.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Got Newcastle written all over it. lol

3 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Totally agree, could imagine the toon being his next destination. 

I'd have him back though.

Don't see it, they have Gordon and Barnes in that position. 

Â