The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Its amazing that he is not even that top 100 players in the world list by the guardian. Players like Kyle Walker, Mahrez, Rodri etc are in it.

I mean he probably shouldn't be on that list right now. It's odd though isnt it. For him, he probably did make the right decision by going to Man city in terms of winning things but to have another villa player in Martinez at 20 on that list, shows how better or greater valued he could be if not at Man City.

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

Its amazing that he is not even that top 100 players in the world list by the guardian. Players like Kyle Walker, Mahrez, Rodri etc are in it.

I mean he probably shouldn't be on that list right now. It's odd though isnt it. For him, he probably did make the right decision by going to Man city in terms of winning things but to have another villa player in Martinez at 20 on that list, shows how better or greater valued he could be if not at Man City.

The Guardian one? With Gakpo. Ronaldo. Martinez, the donkey striker, Fabinho, Koulibaly and Mitrovic. Aye it is bollocks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

Bet he was in the list two years ago though (assuming they did one).

Edit: they did and he was... 59 in 2020 and 61 in 2021.  Good move Jack.

Edited by Wainy316

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Bet he was in the list two years ago though (assuming they did one).

Edit: they did and he was... 59 in 2020 and 61 in 2021.  Good move Jack.

Tbf he's not become rubbish overnight. By a few accounts been playing very well lately.

• Haha 1

On a serious note I think if City fans were honest with themselves he’s a £40m-ish cog in a wheel. He now fits into the system so there isn’t really much else to say about him. He was hot stuff at Villa and England so he got the press and he got press at City because of his price tag. That’s all died off now. City fans supporting the price are just trying to make themselves feel better at how much they overpaid and to defend their club on social media for the decision. 

There just isn’t really anything else to this story anymore. 

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

On a serious note I think if City fans were honest with themselves he’s a £40m-ish cog in a wheel. He now fits into the system so there isn’t really much else to say about him. He was hot stuff at Villa and England so he got the press and he got press at City because of his price tag. That’s all died off now. City fans supporting the price are just trying to make themselves feel better at how much they overpaid and to defend their club on social media for the decision. 

There just isn’t really anything else to this story anymore. 

I think the story is that people almost automatically want to jump on a transfer fee and label it as over paying when realistically that's where football is now and at the same time the bigger crime it only ever seems to be looked at in terms of value to the buying club... It should be the selling club, grealish was comfortably worth £100m to Aston Villa maybe even more hence his price

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think the story is that people almost automatically want to jump on a transfer fee and label it as over paying when realistically that's where football is now and at the same time the bigger crime it only ever seems to be looked at in terms of value to the buying club... It should be the selling club, grealish was comfortably worth £100m to Aston Villa maybe even more hence his price

The fee thing is a moot point as far as im concerned. Your worth what someone is willing to pay for you. That’s it. Same thing with Maguire. “He’s never an 80 million pound player “ Well - they paid it so he is, technically. 

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think also when you consider how many £80m+ flops there have been an argument can be made that Grealish turned out to be good value.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Man grealish looks really shit today

Really?

This couldn't go in the football thread?

You did this on purpose didn't you?

A whole week with no mention of this turncoat pillock and you have to bump it.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Just now, Tommo_b said:

He hasn’t had too many stand out matches at City, considering he cost £100m.

City’s style is stifling such a talented player. 

Honestly he hasnt had many at all. I did think maybe a good pre season he would be better but hasnt. I think city might pack him off in the summer. Im sure  newcastle will live to take him . Him and almiron 😂

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Really?

This couldn't go in the football thread?

You did this on purpose didn't you?

A whole week with no mention of this turncoat pillock and you have to bump it.

spacer.png

Just for you i know you were missing it 😂

Â