The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

You're having a giraffe? Grealish's output when he was with us was 10 x's that of ASM who is the ultimate MOTD player.

He’s absolutely **** miles better than ASM

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Grealish liking a City vid about Aguero's record 12th hat-trick...against us in 2020, a game Grealish played the full 90 in...cool.

spacer.png

• Like 4

That last 5 minutes was genuinely just like watching him for us. Picking the ball up anywhere on the pitch, mazy runs, midfielders lunging at him, creating stuff.

Problem is he's just never going to have that free role while Guardiola remains there and likes of De Bruyne and Silva are still in the central midfield areas.

• Like 1

Good goal by super sub Jack. He did well when he came on. At City he seems like a kid, not trusted by Pep in the big games or given big responsibilities. At Villa he felt like an adult on the pitch, a leader that had far greater responsibility and as a result  produced far more. This move has been a disaster for his sporting career IMO.  

Edited by Villa_Vids

3 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Good goal by super sub Jack. He did well when he came on. At City he seems like a kid, not trusted by Pep in the big games or given big responsibilities. At Villa he felt like an adult on the pitch, a leader that had far greater responsibility and as a result  produced far more. This move has been a disaster for his sporting career IMO.  

So what?

He asked for it… His dad got a wallet full for it as well…

“Mr Aston Villa”, “Mr Villa till I die”, “Mr I’ll always be a Villa fan” decided that the sounds of Man City fans cheering and the sight of smiles on their faces was more important than that of the happiness of “his own”…

Bollocks to him…

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 07/01/2023 at 17:56, TheAuthority said:

You're having a giraffe? Grealish's output when he was with us was 10 x's that of ASM who is the ultimate MOTD player.

My point was, yes he's better than ASM, but he isn't "a serious upgrade". His output with Villa is irrelevant, he'll never hit those heights again anywhere. That was a team completely built around him.

I think his career will be a slow fade tbh. Still a very talented footballer, but he's caught in that gap where he isn't quite good enough to have a Champions League side built around him, and he probably won't want to go to a smaller club willing to run everything through him (especially as he's prone to long spells of not being available).

I get that others will disagree, but if you ignore that spell of 2 or 3 seasons for us, where he looked genuinely unplayable, he's never quite delivered on his potential.

Would love to be wrong, of course - still love him as a player.

Â