The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

21 hours ago, sidcow said:

Saying Grealish was overrated and never did in the PL is ridiculous. Remember that graphic when he was in the Premier League where he was a dot all on his own top right based on numerous key stats? 

He's a shadow of that player now though. 

Hes still up there this season for chances created. 

When they sign a striker he'll become a huge player for them. If they get Haaland, Jack will love playing with him as it'll force Pep to slightly adapt his style.

With no clear 9 or Foden as a False 9, it's pure Pepball, throw a big name striker in there and it'll ever so slightly tweak and will help Jacks game massively

40 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

When they sign a striker he'll become a huge player for them. If they get Haaland, Jack will love playing with him as it'll force Pep to slightly adapt his style.

With no clear 9 or Foden as a False 9, it's pure Pepball, throw a big name striker in there and it'll ever so slightly tweak and will help Jacks game massively

Then it leaves less space for him to get in the team. Pep seems to have him last in line from him, Foden, Silva, Sterling and Mahrez. Even Jesus has been playing wide at times

Edited by Zatman

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Then it leaves less space for him to get in the team. Pep seems to have him last in line from him, Foden, Silva, Sterling and Mahrez. Even Jesus has been playing wide at times

Possibly yeah but there will always be rotation there and was a lot of talk about both Bernardo and Sterling maybe leaving last summer - may well kick up again this summer. Although anticipate a lot of that was because they believed Jack would take more of their minutes than he has.

On 17/04/2022 at 12:11, MWARLEY2 said:

I have absolutely no affinity with him now after worshipping him for 2 or 3 years. He is still a very good player but he isn't great anymore. He spent 20 years beating players for fun in one on one situations. Now he is part of the ultra boring squeeze the life out of opponemts. No counter attacking from inside his own half. He was a marketing decision made by Citeh.  They didnt need him as a player but they saw how box office he was and signed him for the profile he brought.  Forgetting that the  reason everyone got behind him was that he wasnt part of the top 4 . He was the local boy made good with a personality. Now he really is a.n.other with a very good pr team

Oh yeah and one more thing. There was an interview where he said he would love to come back to Villa in the future like Ash has. When he is done picking up trophies i would like to think that we will be way beyond his declining skill set at 32 years old. No fairytale for you sunshine 

That would really annoy me - like an ex coming back after they’ve cheated. “Oh I’ve won my trophies now…I’m back!” Go away.  

im sure that as he gears up to sit on the bench in the CL semi final, a title run in and know that he'll start for england at the world cup he's sat thinking id rather be the star player at villa as they scramble round trying to avoid being dragged in to a relegation fight again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

He sure will have earned his medal this year 🙄

This.

He has scored two league goals all season, one in a 7-0 victory the other in a 5-0 victory. And one of them literally hit him and went in. The other with his head!

Unless he scores or creates a massive Champions League winning / Title winning goal then it's all going to feel a bit hollow, surely?!

And even if does do the above, it doesn't change the fact that for £100M he has had a poor season.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

im sure that as he gears up to sit on the bench in the CL semi final, a title run in and know that he'll start for england at the world cup he's sat thinking id rather be the star player at villa as they scramble round trying to avoid being dragged in to a relegation fight again

Also this. 

Regardless of having a poor season (compared to the Villa Jack) he won't have any regrets at all and I would say we're deluded to think otherwise. 

I'm finding myself wanting Liverpool to win the title (which in itself is disgusting) just so he doesn't win anything. And I am praying that Real Madrid knock them out of the CL semi's. Yes, I am bitter. 

It's just infuriating that City bought him when they didn't need him at all (if they signed Kane instead - the league would be over by now).

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I would far rather Liverpool won.  I hate them as much as the next man and grew up in their 70's and 80's dominance.  Had the plastic arrogant fans a decade before Yanaated.

But at least they are a massive club because of organic development, years of success based on good management that clawed them to the top of the pile.  Not some run of the mill club just handed a new stadium and given billions to buy their success on the whim of a despotic dictator stealing his peoples money and pissing it into the wind for his pleasure / sports washing.

Well said 👏

I think the fact that Liverpool won it the other year (after 30 years) makes it easier for me to see them win it this time than it would have been. My hatred for them comes from their successful 80's period.

So I am jealous, as well as bitter 😉

Anyway, back to Jack - I absolutely loved his time with us, he was different class, running at players,  his weight of pass, the ability to draw a foul, his goals against Derby, Cardiff, Rotherham, and Blues in Championship then in the PL at Man U, Burnley, Brighton and of course to keep us up at West Ham. He needs to be able to just go on the pitch, demand the ball and play with freedom this system at City just isn't allowing that and it obviously isn't helping that teams just put 10 men behind the ball every game. I don't think he will start either CL semi or the final (if they get there) don't think Pep trusts him in the real "big" games.  

Also, on current form he wouldn't (shouldn't) get into the England team but we all know that he will do now regardless of form. But you could make a case for the likes of Jarod Bowen, Harvey Barnes or James Maddison all taking his place and are currently performing better than him. Don't get me wrong, he would be one of the first names in my squad because I know what he can do but if you go on players in-form Mr Southgate... 🙄

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There's a lot of delusion in this thread

No there's just a lot of people rightly feeling a little miffed by his comments about staying at Villa yet behind the scenes trying to get a high profile move.

People have a right to feel like that you know. They are allowed aren't they?

If hypothetically he'd left to join a European team I'd be a little more supportive but come on it is Man Shi**y 

8 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

This.

He has scored two league goals all season, one in a 7-0 victory the other in a 5-0 victory. And one of them literally hit him and went in. The other with his head!

Unless he scores or creates a massive Champions League winning / Title winning goal then it's all going to feel a bit hollow, surely?!

And even if does do the above, it doesn't change the fact that for £100M he has had a poor season.

Also this. 

Regardless of having a poor season (compared to the Villa Jack) he won't have any regrets at all and I would say we're deluded to think otherwise. 

I'm finding myself wanting Liverpool to win the title (which in itself is disgusting) just so he doesn't win anything. And I am praying that Real Madrid knock them out of the CL semi's. Yes, I am bitter. 

It's just infuriating that City bought him when they didn't need him at all (if they signed Kane instead - the league would be over by now).

It’s like we have the same mind lol Im infuriated for that same reason and I’m also vying for Man City to win nothing this year. 

• Like 1

Â